"Switzerland, Uetikon am See" Schnorf's Profile
Nearly every weekend we go for a ride. Sometimes in a large group, called "Rolling Thunder Motorcycle Club" with over 50 bikes a ride . . . .
Other days we travel in small group called "Jango Gang"
Take a look to this link: http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/Jango_Gang/
Situated on the banks of the Kaveri, Ranganathittu Bird Sanctuary is located near Mysore in Karnataka. The six isles on the river are also part of the sanctuary. The sanctuary was declared a bird sanctuary in 1940, when the noted ornithologist Dr Salim Ali while surveying the birds of the area put emphasis on declaring Ranganathittu a bird sanctuary. Since then, the sanctuary has become a paradise for bird watchers.
Every year a number of bird lovers throng the sanctuary to see the avian in-habitants of the sanctuary. The sanctuary is quite popular both among Indian and foreign tourists. Apart from home to native avian habitants, the sanctuary each year attracts a large number of migratory birds. Wildlife experts believe that migratory birds come to this sanctuary as far as from Siberia, Australia and even North America.
Some of the birds you come across on your birding tour to Ranganathittu Bird Sanctuary include snake bird, darters, spoonbills, river tern, open bill storks, white Ibis, little cormorants, egret, heron, stone plougher, kingfisher and partridge.
A boat ride takes you to the six islets that teem with a number of species of birds. Oarsmen serve as experienced guide, who take you to some popular spots where you can spot birds in flocks.
In Karnataka, the two attractive wildlife parks of Nagarhole and Bandipur, though separate entities, are part of a larger contiguous wildlife reserve that includes the Mudumalai Sanctuary in Tamil Nadu and the Wynad Reserve in Kerala. Both the parks are easily accessible from Mysore.
A dam on the Kabini and its picturesque reservoir separate the two parks. In the dense moist deciduous forests of this area the upper canopy reaches heights of 30m and valuable hardwoods like teak and rosewood are also to be found here.
The 874.20 sq. km. Bandipur National Park, which is also a Tiger Reserve, with its open grassy woodland, lies to the south of the Kabini River while Nagarhole, 643.39 so. km. in area, to the north of the river, has taller and denser forests.
Bandipur, lying in the shadow of the Western Ghats, is one of the finest habitats of the Asian elephant. Drained by the Moyar River, its open forest makes it easy for visitors to see the elephant and gaur in natural surroundings.
The "Queen of hill stations" is the capital of Nilgiris district. It is one of the most popular tourist resorts in India. Nilgiris means "Blue Mountains". It is a land of picturesque picnic spots. Used to be popular summer and weekend getaway for the Britishers during the colonial days. It is situated at an altitude of 2,240 meters above sea level.
An added attraction for the tourists to Udagamandalam is the mountain train journey on a ratchet and pinion track which commences from Kallar, near Mettupalayam and wends its way through many hair-raising curves and fearful tunnels and chugs along beside deep ravines full of verdant vegetation, gurgling streams and tea gardens.
One can notice a marvellous change in vegetation, as one goes from Kallar to Coonoor. The establishment of numerous tea estates made Ooty famous. Lofty mountains, dense forest, sprawling grasslands and miles and miles of tea gardens greet the passengers on most routes. The annual Tea and Tourism Festival attracts crowds in huge numbers.
Top Travel Pages
Explore the World
- Kansas City
- Seal Beach
- Bad Schandau
- Pismo Beach
- Southern Thailand
- Port Angeles
- Dunns River Falls and Beach Hotels
- Abano Terme
- Aina Haina Hotels
- Fort Yargo State Park Hotels
- Klässbol Hotels
- San Vicente de la Barquera
- Parco Nazionale del Vesuvio
- San Francisco de Macorís Hotels
- Bien Unido Hotels
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 72 Reviews
- 338 Photos
- 5 Countries
- 5 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
- Schnorf and astridcontre are now friends.
updated their Profile Page "Switzerland, Uetikon am See"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Switzerland, Uetikon am See"
- updated a Estado Amazonas Travel Page "Amazonas Loys Ape / Venezuelan Bigfoot"
- Commented on Tayra2's profile page
- Posted in Travel Venezuela Forum "RE: SIM phone cards in Venezuela"
- Wrote a Review Mono Grande / King Monkey in Estado Amazonas Off The Beaten Path
Top 10 Pages
- Venezuela Intro, 27 reviews, 50 photos, 5 travelogues
- Caracas Intro, 22 reviews, 45 photos, 5 travelogues
- Zürich Intro, 6 reviews, 31 photos, 5 travelogues
- Mexico Intro, 36 photos, 7 travelogues
- Distrito Federal Intro, 20 photos, 3 travelogues
- Maracaibo Intro, 20 photos, 3 travelogues
- Bangalore Intro, 9 reviews, 8 photos
- Estado Bolívar Intro, 10 photos, 2 travelogues
- Estado Amazonas Intro, 4 reviews, 6 photos
- United Kingdom Intro, 8 photos, 1 travelogue
- Paris Hotels
- 22488 Reviews - 55061 Photos
- Fort Lauderdale Hotels
- 659 Reviews - 1389 Photos
- Dubai Hotels
- 2702 Reviews - 7927 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23330 Reviews - 48936 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15643 Reviews - 31276 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 2029 Reviews - 4971 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 328 Reviews - 894 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1933 Reviews - 3724 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3099 Reviews - 5883 Photos
- Punta Cana Hotels
- 422 Reviews - 1020 Photos
- Playa del Carmen Hotels
- 781 Reviews - 1749 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2059 Reviews - 3877 Photos
- Bangkok Hotels
- 10315 Reviews - 22906 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 12024 Reviews - 26769 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7829 Reviews - 20234 Photos