Pulau Perhentian Kecil Things to Do Tips by bkoon Top 5 Page for this destination
Pulau Perhentian Kecil Things to Do: 75 reviews and 108 photos
On the dive boat
The main reason why I went to Perhentian Kecil is for the good diving. There are some very good dive sites where you see lotsa nice underwater stuffs. Go during the right season and you will be amazed what you see. The most memorable site during this trip was the Twin Rocks where I saw some 30-40 bumphead parrot fishes. Mind you, they are really huge.
I shall be writing more about the 3 dive sites which I went during this trip in the "Off-The-Beaten-Track" section.
Address: Perhentian Islands
Soak in the water
You can either swim or some people simply love to soak in the sea. Well, I love soaking in the water. He! During the season, the sea is very welcoming and you will be so tempted to dip in. However, beware of dive boats and boat taxis coming in and out of the beach area.
Oh ya! You can practice your underwater sommersault in the sea too.
Beach during sunset
There is a beach volleyball court on Long Beach. I saw travellers playing with the locals beach volleyball, especially in the evening when the sun was not too hot.
Another activity was beach racquet game. It looked like a fun activity. Some even played in the water.
Oh! I also saw joggers jogging along Long Beach. You can try that too if you worry about the fats which accumulated from your beer drinking and island food eating.
Address: Perhentian Kecil, Long Beach
Sarongs are useful...
Bathe in the sun to get that tan you want. Lying on that stretch of white sandy beach is a great thing to do. Bring your suntan lotion and have fun tanning. There are many people doing that on Long Beach. If you need a beach umbrella, you may rent a space for RM10 per day. Ask for a discount.
Remember to bring along your Aloe Vera after-tan gel if you want to lie comfortably on your bed at night.
Address: Perhentian Kecil, Long Beach
The friendly turtle
If you do not dive or do not wish to dive, snorkelling will be fun too. There are many shops and chalets offering cheap and affordable snorkelling trips. Shop around for the best deal. Well, most will quote you the same prices. It will cost something liek RM40 or so. I cannot remember the exact cost though.
Do bring your own snorkel and mask should you have any.
More Reviews (12)
bkoon's Related Pages
Pulau Perhentian Kecil Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A Place for Winding Down"
- "Perhentian Kecil - The Younger Sister of Besar"
- "Life's a beach."
- "Pulau Perhentian"
- "Blue Blue Beaches"
- "The Diving Place....and more"
- "Perfect Long Beach"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Pulau Perhentian Kecil
- Hotels in Pulau Perhentian Kecil
- Transportation in Pulau Perhentian Kecil
- Nightlife in Pulau Perhentian Kecil
- Restaurants in Pulau Perhentian Kecil
- Shopping in Pulau Perhentian Kecil
- Warnings and Dangers in Pulau Perhentian Kecil
- See All...
Explore the World
- Oberkaltenbach Hotels
- El Achour Hotels
- Alexandroupolis Hotels
- Rough River Dam State Park Hotels
- Prefecture of Rethymno
- Ban Hua Hin
Badges & Stats in Pulau Perhentian Kecil
- 17 Reviews
- 24 Photos
- 6 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (16)
Have you been to Pulau Perhentian Kecil?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Pulau Perhentian Kecil
- Posted in Travel Bali Forum "Re: Are there any villa-style..."
- Commented on one of perhentianboys's Pulau Perhentian Kecil travel pages
- Uploaded a Photo to "Some assorted pictures"
- created a Pulau Perhentian Kecil Travelogue "Some assorted pictures"
- Wrote a Review Parking at the Jetty in Pulau Perhentian Kecil Transportation
Photos in Pulau Perhentian KecilSee All Photos (24)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cambodia Intro, 132 reviews, 160 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Singapore Intro, 142 reviews, 89 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Laos Intro, 103 reviews, 119 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kyoto Intro, 54 reviews, 87 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Sabah Intro, 41 reviews, 75 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination East Timor Intro, 37 reviews, 69 photos, 5 travelogues
- Melaka Intro, 29 reviews, 53 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bukit Fraser Intro, 21 reviews, 46 photos, 5 travelogues
- Croatia Intro, 29 reviews, 37 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Johor Bahru Intro, 34 reviews, 21 photos, 2 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (105)
Latest Pulau Perhentian Kecil hotel reviews
- Shari-La Island Resort
- 108 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 29, 2013
- Maya Guesthouse
- 32 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 31, 2013
- Lily Chalet
- 5 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 23, 2010
- Moonlight Chalet
- 26 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 5, 2013
- Mohsin Chalets
- 39 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 19, 2013
- Matahari Chalet
- 50 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 1, 2013
- 40 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 13, 2013
- Petani Beach House
- 61 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 9, 2013