"Bee's Birth Place" Bukit Mertajam by bkoon

Bukit Mertajam Travel Guide: 41 reviews and 186 photos

~ A Place I Feel Connected With ~

Bukit Mertajam is on the mainland of Peninsula Malaysia. It belongs to the Penang state. It is my birth place. The exact location of where I was born is the General Hospital in Bukit Mertajam (and mum had a bad experience there and from then on, she swore that was the last time she would go there).

As a small girl, my family re-located to Johor Bahru, some more than 650km away from where we used to live. However, we still feel very much connected with this place.

I still remember those day when I used to miss coming back to Penang during school vacation. I usually spend my school holidays back in B.M. / Penang.

Much have changed here. So much so that I cannot recognise some roads / streets and places. Gosh!

~ About This Bukit Mertajam Page ~

You will read and see pictures of my stay in Bukit Mertajam when I was back in hometown recently. It's going to be mainly about food and the marketplace and the Chinese Hungry Ghost Festival. There was a big procession. Read on.

• Pros:Food Galore
  • Cons:Less known
  • In a nutshell:Lovely
  • Last visit to Bukit Mertajam: Aug 2005
  • Intro Updated Sep 9, 2005

• bpacker's Profile Photo
    Apr 24, 2006 at 7:33 PM

Ah, your birthplace! Hope to see more pix..

• l_joo's Profile Photo
    Aug 28, 2005 at 6:17 PM

Nice to know Tua-Sua-Kha is your birthplace, I have only been here not more than 3 times.

• muddybok's Profile Photo
    Aug 8, 2005 at 9:40 PM

The mystery of honey-bee finally revealed. My birth place lagi "gai" man.

bkoon

“Trust the process... Trust your intuition... Thoughts become things...”

Badges & Stats in Bukit Mertajam

Have you been to Bukit Mertajam?

Latest Activity in Bukit Mertajam