"COLOURED STREETS OF MUAR" Top 5 Page for this destination Muar by bkoon

Muar Travel Guide: 69 reviews and 190 photos

These days, I am rather fond of visiting and "exploring" small towns whenever I have some free time. Fondly known as "Bandar Maharani" or the Town of the Princess, Muar is a small town in the Johor State and along the Straits of Malacca. I used to go there pretty often when I was a small girl. I still remember those days when I travelled on the trishaws when I was there.

Click this external link for more information on HOW MUAR GOT ITS NAME.

Although Muar changed a lot; no more trishaws, on closer look, I still like the place some how. I wallowed in nostalgia as the place reminded me of some of the great times when I was in Muar during my childhood days (but I could vaguely remember only). The old buildings, streets and shophouses... However, some things do change for the better too. Nicely decorated promenade area, restored buildings, newly coloured shophouses and many more.

>>> This is a GOOD EXTERNAL PAGE ON MUAR.

Muar is about ...

- Original Muar Mee Bandung (Abu Bakar Hanifah's at Wah San Restaurant in Jalan Abdullah)
- Otak-Otak
- Nice riverside Promenade along Jalan Tanjung (kite-flying or a breezy stroll)
- Old colonial buildings

In this page ...

I shall be populating those stuffs which I saw and experienced during my brief visit to Muar recently.

• Pros:Good food.
  • Cons:Small place.
  • In a nutshell:Never knew Muar is quite a nice place.
  • Last visit to Muar: Jul 2005
  • Intro Updated Dec 9, 2005

• bpacker's Profile Photo
    Dec 19, 2005 at 1:47 AM

Hmm, bokie from muar? Tis looks like a small, interesting place. What's this about the otak otak?

• muddybok's Profile Photo
    Dec 4, 2005 at 7:46 PM

Cool! You write about my school & my birth place.

• Jim_Eliason's Profile Photo
    Aug 21, 2005 at 3:50 AM

nice tips!

• Wild_Orchid's Profile Photo
    Aug 1, 2005 at 5:30 AM

your pictures are really excellent. looking forward to more. : )

• mansionion's Profile Photo
    Jul 27, 2005 at 2:18 AM

So Muar is a consolation for not going to Tmn Negara & G Stong laa... I made a short (& tiring) trip over the w/end to Jakarta, too bad didn't hve much time to explore the city. -m-

bkoon

“Trust the process... Trust your intuition... Thoughts become things...”

Badges & Stats in Muar