"I WENT TO KLUANG FOR THE COFFEE" Top 5 Page for this destination Keluang by bkoon
Keluang Travel Guide: 37 reviews and 84 photos
I went to Kluang especially for the coffee at the coffeeshop at the railway station after read a forum on "Best Coffeeshops in Malaysia" posted by l_joo. And chiabh mentioned about this coffeeshop which is by far the best in Malaysia.
Hence, this page will be all about the coffee shop and the railway station until and unless I found something new about Kluang.
I went to Keluang the second time on 12 Mar 06. I went with fellow VTers this time. We were travelling back from Malacca to Singapore and we made a detour into Keluang.
It was a road trip to Kluang. As my friend (he was the driver) detoured out of the North-South Highway into Kluang, all I saw are second-hand vehicle showrooms and shops. My friend then told me that Kluang is famous for second-hand vehicles. Oh! I didn't know that.
As we headed into the town centre, we were looking for the railway station. It was very very easy to spot the railway track and just a few turns, we reached the railway station.
It was a cool place. I shall talk about it more in my tips. Check them out.
Now I know why Kluang is known as "Keluang" here in VT. Keluang is actually the old Malay name for Kluang and it means fruit bats. Hence, Kluang is essentially a bat town. I wonder whether batman stays there. Ha! Ha!
For your infomation, Kluang is in the State of Johor on Peninsula Malaysia and it is smack in the middle of Johor.
- Pros:Small town with amazing stuffs
- Cons:I only knew about it after so many years in Johor
- In a nutshell:Must go for the coffee.
... Is to visit Klaung again. To get to the same canteen as well as dropping by another famous coffee shop. I read that... more travel advice
Hot Coffee - RM1.00 Ice Coffee - RM1.20 Plain White Bread Toasts - RM0.70 Round Toasts - RM0.80 Wholemeal Round Toasts -... more travel advice
bkoon's Related Pages
Keluang Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "I WENT TO KLUANG FOR THE COFFEE"
- "Kluang - Toast of the town"
- "Toast of the Town"
- "The Relaxed Town of Keluang"
- "Kelung / Kluang Malaysia"
- "Bikes & Vespas In Kluang"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Keluang
- Hotels in Keluang
- Transportation in Keluang
- Restaurants in Keluang
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Keluang
- 9 Reviews
- 16 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 8 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (16)
Have you been to Keluang?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Keluang
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cambodia Intro, 132 reviews, 160 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Singapore Intro, 142 reviews, 89 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Laos Intro, 103 reviews, 119 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kyoto Intro, 54 reviews, 87 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Sabah Intro, 41 reviews, 75 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination East Timor Intro, 37 reviews, 69 photos, 5 travelogues
- Melaka Intro, 29 reviews, 53 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bukit Fraser Intro, 21 reviews, 46 photos, 5 travelogues
- Croatia Intro, 29 reviews, 37 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Johor Bahru Intro, 34 reviews, 21 photos, 2 travelogues