"I WENT TO KLUANG FOR THE COFFEE" Top 5 Page for this destination Keluang by bkoon

Keluang Travel Guide: 37 reviews and 84 photos

~ A COFFEE AFFAIR ~

I went to Kluang especially for the coffee at the coffeeshop at the railway station after read a forum on "Best Coffeeshops in Malaysia" posted by l_joo. And chiabh mentioned about this coffeeshop which is by far the best in Malaysia.

Hence, this page will be all about the coffee shop and the railway station until and unless I found something new about Kluang.

I went to Keluang the second time on 12 Mar 06. I went with fellow VTers this time. We were travelling back from Malacca to Singapore and we made a detour into Keluang.

~ IMPRESSIONS ~

It was a road trip to Kluang. As my friend (he was the driver) detoured out of the North-South Highway into Kluang, all I saw are second-hand vehicle showrooms and shops. My friend then told me that Kluang is famous for second-hand vehicles. Oh! I didn't know that.

As we headed into the town centre, we were looking for the railway station. It was very very easy to spot the railway track and just a few turns, we reached the railway station.

It was a cool place. I shall talk about it more in my tips. Check them out.

+*+

Now I know why Kluang is known as "Keluang" here in VT. Keluang is actually the old Malay name for Kluang and it means fruit bats. Hence, Kluang is essentially a bat town. I wonder whether batman stays there. Ha! Ha!

For your infomation, Kluang is in the State of Johor on Peninsula Malaysia and it is smack in the middle of Johor.

NOTE FROM BEE

This page only has information on the Railway Station and its canteen.

• Pros:Small town with amazing stuffs
  • Cons:I only knew about it after so many years in Johor
  • In a nutshell:Must go for the coffee.
  • Last visit to Keluang: Aug 2005
  • Intro Updated Mar 14, 2006

• sierralyndon's Profile Photo
    Dec 1, 2007 at 2:16 AM

Your Kluang coffee page has got me nostalgic! I grew up in Kluang and your photos of the roti and kopi made me hungry... Well done.

• BluBluBlu's Profile Photo
    Apr 18, 2006 at 4:28 AM

Hi Bee...nice coffeee tour of Keluang! Blu

• muddybok's Profile Photo
    Apr 17, 2006 at 8:35 AM

Yo! Your kopi-kwee page finally completed with pictures. Nice coffee & toast right? So, the secret agent Basil tried the tea.

• imstress's Profile Photo
    Mar 17, 2006 at 8:06 PM

I really love the kopi and wholemeal kaya butter toast! thanks for showing us this hidden treasure and giving us a treat.

• bpacker's Profile Photo
    Mar 17, 2006 at 12:34 AM

Yum yum round wholemeal toast with kaya and kopi!

• chiabh's Profile Photo
    Nov 11, 2005 at 5:10 AM

hi bee... i will be in kluang on nov 19 for a wedding dinner.. and of course will play a round of golf at the kluang golf course... and certainly will go for the coffee and toast again... .chia

• l_joo's Profile Photo
    Oct 24, 2005 at 3:52 AM

Bee, yes the coffee the kaya bun just too good. Please inform me if you know anymore good kopi restaurants around.

• airasia's Profile Photo
    Sep 3, 2005 at 8:48 AM

hmmm...muddy seems to be everywhere or am i slow.

bkoon

“Trust the process... Trust your intuition... Thoughts become things...”

Badges & Stats in Keluang

Have you been to Keluang?

Latest Activity in Keluang