"guell's Florence Page" Florence by guell

Florence Travel Guide: 5,035 reviews and 11,002 photos

Days 12 and 13 (see my Italy page for our full itinerary)

What a trip it had been thus far! Having just experienced the history of Rome and Pompeii, the charm of Siena, and the natural beauty of the Amalfi Coast and the Cinque Terre, we could have gone home on day 12 completely satisfied. I'm glad we didn't.

Florence has it all: The trademark Duomo, the gold-and-silver-shopped-lined historic Ponte Vecchio, the amazing collection of the Uffizi gallery, Michelangelo's David, and the best gelato in all of Italy.

• Last visit to Florence: Oct 2002
  • Intro Updated Apr 10, 2004

• Aug 11, 2010 at 11:35 AM

Visited Il Campo in Sienna, and went all over Florence last week. Beautiful pics.....loved it!

• Oct 9, 2009 at 5:01 PM

The traffic is a nightmare. Some of the roads are quite big to cross and are without pavements for the pedestrian to shelter. My husband was killed by the driver of a Vespa this year. He was hit from behind, we did not see the driver approach.

• margaretvn's Profile Photo
    Jul 23, 2006 at 2:06 AM

I enjoyed your page and good tips about a city I love.

• lina112's Profile Photo
    Aug 4, 2005 at 5:01 AM

Good information and nice pictures. I´ll go to Rome and Florence next year.

• royalempress's Profile Photo
    Mar 25, 2005 at 6:17 PM

Great Florence Page. You really have some spectacular pictures. Mike

• Sandi-2004's Profile Photo
    Dec 11, 2004 at 11:12 PM

Very good pgs on Florence. Great night shots. It's a wonderful place for lovers of art & architecture.

• JetlagCity's Profile Photo
    Aug 15, 2004 at 3:13 PM

Excellent tip on making reservations for the museums, and your shot of reflections in the Arno is especially impressive. It's wonderful to feel romantic even after years of marriage! : )

• EllenH's Profile Photo
    Jun 12, 2004 at 2:55 PM

very nice page, been to florence twice but taking my 16 year old son this time so looking for new ideas, was there in nov 2002 for the giant war protest quite by accident, it was awesome. ellen

• m-joy's Profile Photo
    Jun 12, 2004 at 2:17 PM

Amazing pictures and great tips! It's a wonderful place to be!

• Paul2001's Profile Photo
    Apr 5, 2004 at 5:49 PM

Superb page especially the photos. I thought that seeing Florence was a great thrill.

guell

“live to travel; travel to live”

Badges & Stats in Florence

Have you been to Florence?

Latest Activity in Florence