"guell's Pompeii page" Pompeii by guell
Pompeii Travel Guide: 980 reviews and 2,702 photos
Day 6 (see my Italy page for our full itinerary)
On a summer morning in 79 AD, Pompeii was buried after an unexpected and dramatic eruption of the volcano Mount Vesuvius. The result is one of the world's best-preserved towns of Ancient Rome.
An estimated 2,000 people were literally buried alive as the city was covered by 30 feet of ash.
A trip to Pompeii would not be complete without a visit to the National Archaeological Museum in Naples. The best... more travel advice
With a good guidebook in hand we took to the streets of this ancient city. There were moments when I felt like we had... more travel advice
guell's Related Pages
Pompeii Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The wonderful Roman town of Pompei"
- "The Dead City"
- "Striding across Pompei"
- "Frozen in time"
- "The Uncovered City"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Pompeii
- Hotels in Pompeii
- Transportation in Pompeii
- Nightlife in Pompeii
- Restaurants in Pompeii
- Shopping in Pompeii
- Warnings and Dangers in Pompeii
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Pompeii
- 12 Reviews
- 15 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 21 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Pompeii?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Pompeii
- Posted in Travel Las Vegas Forum "roulette machine"
- updated a Pompeii Travel Page "guell's Pompeii page"
- Commented on one of globetrott's Pompeii travel pages
- Wrote a Review National Archaeological Museum-Naples about Statues and Amphoras in Pompeii Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "National Archaeological Museum-Naples"
Top 10 Pages
- Amsterdam Intro, 32 reviews, 35 photos
- San Francisco Intro, 25 reviews, 42 photos, 3 travelogues
- Hanoi Intro, 23 reviews, 38 photos, 2 travelogues
- Florence Intro, 19 reviews, 22 photos
- Italy Intro, 18 reviews, 22 photos, 2 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 17 reviews, 21 photos, 1 travelogue
- Siena Intro, 16 reviews, 19 photos
- Ha Long Intro, 16 reviews, 19 photos
- Rome Intro, 12 reviews, 21 photos, 2 travelogues
- Ephesus Intro, 14 reviews, 17 photos