"guell's Hanoi page" Hanoi by guell
Hanoi Travel Guide: 2,745 reviews and 6,065 photos
We only had two days in Hanoi, and I wish we had had four! Hanoi was a paradox. The motorbikes were everywhere and their relentless honking was deafening at times. Crossing the street was done by pure faith. We would have to step into the street and keep a steady pace, and somehow the traffic knew to go around us! Yet the atmosphere was mysteriously serene. We felt safe, and other than the occasional street vendor and cyclo driver vying for our attention, we were left alone. We were free to explore, free to get lost.
We will return one day, though with all of the modernization that Vietnam is experiencing, I have a feeling that when we do, we’ll experience an entirely different Hanoi.
The Ethnology Museum is a great place to learn about the 54 different ethnic cultures of Vietnam. You'll see examples of... more travel advice
The Temple of Literature is Vietnam’s historical seat of learning and is the most sacred place for the disciples of... more travel advice
guell's Related Pages
Hanoi Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Adventure Continues in Hanoi ! Hanoi !"
- "Good morning Hanoi !"
- "Hanoi - City of the Soaring Dragon"
- "Hanoi - City of Absorbing Sights and Sounds"
- "MY 1ST STOP IN VIETNAM WAS......................."
- "Ignoring Hanoi"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Hanoi
- Hotels in Hanoi
- Transportation in Hanoi
- Nightlife in Hanoi
- Restaurants in Hanoi
- Shopping in Hanoi
- Warnings and Dangers in Hanoi
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Hanoi
- 23 Reviews
- 38 Photos
- 5 Forum posts
- 11 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Hanoi?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Hanoi
Photos in HanoiSee All Photos (38)
Top 10 Pages
- Amsterdam Intro, 32 reviews, 35 photos
- San Francisco Intro, 25 reviews, 42 photos, 3 travelogues
- Hanoi Intro, 23 reviews, 38 photos, 2 travelogues
- Florence Intro, 19 reviews, 22 photos
- Italy Intro, 18 reviews, 22 photos, 2 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 17 reviews, 21 photos, 1 travelogue
- Siena Intro, 16 reviews, 19 photos
- Ha Long Intro, 16 reviews, 19 photos
- Rome Intro, 12 reviews, 21 photos, 2 travelogues
- Ephesus Intro, 14 reviews, 17 photos