"guell's Ha Long Page" Ha Long by guell

Ha Long Travel Guide: 459 reviews and 1,609 photos

Days 1, 2 and 3

Halong Bay was the first stop on our trip to Vietnam, Cambodia and Thailand.

Day one was spent cruising the bay onboard the Bai Tho Junk. We ate lunch on the boat with our new friends, a Scottish couple, an English chap, a Hawaiian fellow and his friend from Saigon and another couple from San Francisco. Later we visited a humongous cave lit up in psychedelic colors. That afternoon, we went for a swim in the warm waters and relaxed. Dinner was a bountiful array of seafood dishes washed down with the famous 333 beer.

After breakfast on day two, we said good-bye to our crew as we were dropped off at our campsite on a secluded beach. From here we set off for 4 hours of kayaking exploring the various islands up-close, and visiting a small beach.

Lunch was on a floating restaurant. We simply parked our kayaks next to the boat and boarded. That evening was spent relaxing at our campsite.

On day three, we were picked up by our old friends from the Bai Tho and returned back to the harbor for lunch and our 1 1/2 hour trip back to Hanoi. These were three days I will never forget.

• Last visit to Ha Long: Nov 2004
  • Intro Updated Feb 26, 2005

• roamer61's Profile Photo
    Oct 27, 2005 at 4:53 AM

Beautiful locale. If I ever get to Vietnam, I definetly want to visit this area. Thanks.

• aussirose's Profile Photo
    Oct 23, 2005 at 5:00 AM

Wow!! I'm stunned at your gorgeous pix!! Those cave ones are beautiful and I just love that Halong Bay river house pic!! What a lovely holiday!! Cheers, Ann :o)

• wibisono's Profile Photo
    Aug 23, 2005 at 6:36 AM

I've been to this place before. I agree, it's beautiful and your picture make me want to go back to that place.

• bijo69's Profile Photo
    Jul 3, 2005 at 4:34 PM

Wow! This junk looks really comfortable. Been to Ha Long Bay 7 years ago and might go back this year :)

• JetlagCity's Profile Photo
    Jun 11, 2005 at 8:37 AM

Sounds like a fabulous trip, stress-free as you say, and such a beautiful area! I hope to do this someday, too. No doubt I'd be sore after kayaking for hours on end, but it'd probably be worth it : )

• Wild_Orchid's Profile Photo
    Feb 12, 2005 at 9:26 AM

thanks for your tips-I think we explored the same hidden lagoon-did you listen to the absolute quiet once you were there? :-)) hmmm, swim in November? wasn't it cold?

• bpacker's Profile Photo
    Jan 17, 2005 at 12:54 AM

Francisco, you're lucky to see those junks with the beautiful sails, don't know why I didn't see that many when I was there? I went with ODC in the end as they were at P.T. Hotel!

• jessicadf's Profile Photo
    Dec 23, 2004 at 8:45 AM

This looks like a fantastic way to spend a few days -- and good to know the Scop patch works. I need it! Merry Christmas and happy new year, my friend!

• Pichayada's Profile Photo
    Dec 22, 2004 at 6:25 AM

Very beautiful scenery of Halong Bay. I wish to be there some days very soon.

• Geisha_Girl's Profile Photo
    Dec 21, 2004 at 11:09 PM

Once again, some spectacular photos! Don't you just love those secret lagoons? Looks like it was a fantastic trip.....would love to do dinner with you two after the holidays to hear more about it ! Merry Christmas to you and Maria!

guell

“live to travel; travel to live”

Badges & Stats in Ha Long

Have you been to Ha Long?

Latest Activity in Ha Long