"For Nature Lovers, Hikers, Photographers, & Lovers" Top 5 Page for this destination Hocking Hills State Park by Darkeyedgirl

Hocking Hills State Park Travel Guide: 57 reviews and 82 photos

a Cabin, an Inn, a B&B?

We booked a stay in a log cabin for Sweetest Day weekend, kind of a pre-honeymoon honeymoon. Actually it just so happened it was a weekend we were kid-free and we wanted to get away from "It All" --- It All being: housework, the dog honking under the bed, cats crawling on our butts, weird neighbors (the California kid who runs around naked in the middle of the street or perhaps the lady next door who tries to kill herself like, every few weeks, in very public ways), our jobs, normalcy, day-to-day rut-type things; you name it, we wanted to get away.

I told my fiance about a lovely place I'd always wanted to visit, which sure looked similar to Gatlinburg but A LOT LESS commercialized and WAY more private.

We found Honey Fork Log Cabins online; booked online; and voila, looked forward to counting down to our Sweetest Day cabin stay.

Our cabin had a visitor log from previous 'cabiners'. Each person put their thoughts down complete with the date, names & city/ST from where they sprang. We forgot to put our city/ST but included plenty of thank-yous and oh-wows.

There's caves, waterfalls, trees, friendly country-folk and above all, the ability to "get away from it all" which, as the commercials say, is Priceless. No matter how you pay for the accomodations or how costly it is to fill your tank to get there; the memories & experiences we had in Hocking Hills were priceless!

=-D

Jeff took this picture... he rules behind the lens

We woke up the first morning here to this... woke up early because duh, we are used to waking up early; even on those blessed days we can sleep in (no honking dog or chattering kids, or cats beating each other unconscious).

The mist was moving through the trees... you could hear the drying leaves falling like rain... the scent was woody & spicy from the decaying leaves... it was all-quiet on our heavenly front.

We hopped into the 4-person hot tub and gelled to the sounds & scents of autumn.

Water-falling

This is Cedar Falls, not too far from where our cabin was.

Nearly hidden in the thick layers of hemlocks, Cedar Falls has is one of the largest waterfalls in the Hocking Hills Region. Visitors can expect to see moss-covered cliffs, a rugged trail and maybe the remnants of a grist mill that was built above the falls in the mid-1800's.

Pretty ain't it?

• Pros:It's freaking lovely in the fall; book early though!
  • Cons:None. Leave the world behind and enjoy.
  • In a nutshell:Bring a camera & someone you love.
  • Last visit to Hocking Hills State Park: Oct 2006
  • Intro Written Nov 8, 2006

• Jan 10, 2012 at 3:21 PM

These cabins look a lot like the cabins in hocking hill ohio. I stayed there with my husband last fall and it was such a nice get away. there is really nothing like getting away from the city and having no agenda or schedule. I loved the peace and quiet we had there.

• Dec 9, 2010 at 1:47 PM

We recently spent 8 days in one of the Yester year cabins. Such a beautiful and wonderful place.As I was looking around the cabin I found some very beautiful photos of you there, ones of you in your wedding dress...beautiful pics!

• ATXtraveler's Profile Photo
    Dec 26, 2008 at 7:49 PM

Good tips.

• Oct 7, 2008 at 12:45 PM

My stay at HF was nice. However, when I checked my credit card bill, I was overcharged. Called the owners and they claim the cabin was a mess, which we were taken aback by, since we had cleaned, did the laundry, and left a tip for the cleaning people.

Darkeyedgirl Visits Here Frequently!

Darkeyedgirl

“Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of somebody else.”

Badges & Stats in Hocking Hills State Park

Have you been to Hocking Hills State Park?

Latest Activity in Hocking Hills State Park