New Zealand Nightlife Tips by martin_nl Top 5 Page for this destination
New Zealand Nightlife: 61 reviews and 35 photos
The best nightlife is definitely in Taupo. Start in the pub, watching rugby with the locals and hop to a few other pubs afterwards, with your lastpub being Mulligan's. If you feel the booze kicking in take your a$$ up the stairs into the Holy Cow for a boogy and some more drinks and a whole lot of fun. Everyone is here and it's the perfect night out!
Now where was my hostel again???
Dress Code: No jandals/ thongs/ flip flops
Enjoying the view with a glass of wine or beer
Settle yourself on the terrace of Danny Doolan's in the harbour of Auckland and you're in for a great time. The rpices of the drinks are reasonable and if the weather is good you'll get a nice tan too. The harbour is a happening place so someting is always going on.
Address: Quay Street
Crazy party in the Poo Pub
This is one of the best party pubs in the whole of New Zealand. The Kiwi Experience bus stops at Lake Mahinapua's Poo Pub, with the oldest pub owner in the world, Les. He is a great guy and has a fantastic pub. It's awful and that makes it so great. Every evening there is a different theme and we had bin bags. So we had to create our own costumes out of some bin bags. Hmmmm, where to star? By buying bin bags of course. Everyone created something different and it was an hilarious evening. One to never forget!!!
Dress Code: Different every night.
Address: Lake Mahinapua
Directions: On the West Coast of the South Island just south of Greymouth and Hokitika
More Reviews (56)
- See All Tramping???
- See All National Parks
- See All Tamaki Village
- See All My favourite hostel in New Zealand
martin_nl's Related Pages
New Zealand Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Kia Ora - Aotearoa"
- "A Proud Local Shows You Around New Zealand!!!"
- "Antipodean Paradise"
- "Living and Travelling in New Zealand"
- "The most beautiful country in the world"
- "North & South Islands."
- "God's Country!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in New Zealand
- Hotels in New Zealand
- Transportation in New Zealand
- Nightlife in New Zealand
- Restaurants in New Zealand
- Shopping in New Zealand
- Warnings and Dangers in New Zealand
- See All...
Explore the World
- Liaoning Sheng Hotels
- Wilaya d' Alger Hotels
- Krasnodarskiy Kray
- Islas del Rosario Hotels
- Ruppertsberg Hotels
Badges & Stats in New Zealand
- 95 Reviews
- 152 Photos
- 26 Forum posts
- 2 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (13)
Have you been to New Zealand?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in New Zealand
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Australia Intro, 85 reviews, 146 photos
- Rome Intro, 94 reviews, 117 photos, 3 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 42 reviews, 148 photos, 3 travelogues
- Sydney Intro, 72 reviews, 107 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Haarlem Intro, 55 reviews, 94 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Zealand Intro, 59 reviews, 77 photos, 2 travelogues
- London Intro, 62 reviews, 72 photos, 1 travelogue
- Maastricht Intro, 30 reviews, 65 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Den Bosch Intro, 30 reviews, 63 photos, 4 travelogues
- Stockholm Intro, 43 reviews, 44 photos, 1 travelogue
FriendsSee All Friends (71)
Top New Zealand hotels
- Auckland Hotels
- 1035 Reviews - 2271 Photos
- Wellington Hotels
- 591 Reviews - 1252 Photos
- Queenstown Hotels
- 630 Reviews - 1670 Photos
- Rotorua Hotels
- 474 Reviews - 1182 Photos
- Christchurch Hotels
- 1239 Reviews - 2600 Photos
- Palmerston North Hotels
- 32 Reviews - 92 Photos
- Mangere Hotels
- 2 Reviews
- New Plymouth Hotels
- 18 Reviews - 42 Photos
- Napier Hotels
- 198 Reviews - 519 Photos
- Tauranga Hotels
- 18 Reviews - 49 Photos
- Whangarei Hotels
- 65 Reviews - 82 Photos
- Gisborne Hotels
- 50 Reviews - 105 Photos
- Taupo (town) Hotels
- 21 Reviews - 47 Photos
- Hamilton Hotels
- 55 Reviews - 226 Photos
- Matamata Hotels
- 26 Reviews - 127 Photos
- Auckland- 51 Reviews, 94 Photos
- Northland- 32 Reviews, 53 Photos
- Rotorua- 39 Reviews, 58 Photos
- Kaikoura- 18 Reviews, 37 Photos
- Queenstown- 30 Reviews, 52 Photos
- Fiordland National Park- 23 Reviews, 38 Photos
- Bay of Islands- 22 Reviews, 43 Photos
- Taupo- 17 Reviews, 21 Photos
- Adventure Activities- 37 Reviews, 62 Photos
- Wellington- 17 Reviews, 20 Photos
See All New Zealand Things to Do