Amsterdam Shopping Tips by martin_nl
Amsterdam Shopping: 412 reviews and 592 photos
Kalverstraat: crowded on Saturday
Kalverstraat is the longest shopping street in Amsterdam. It starts at Dam sqaure and goes all the way to Muntplein. Although its not my favourite shopping street I always start here when shopping. There are so many shops it's terrible ;-) My favorites are Esprit and Mexx, as well as many others. If you turn right at Heiligeweg, you'll find some more exclusive shops, and even more when you continue on Leidsestraat, which will lead you to Leidseplein.
Avoid the street like the plague on Saturday and Sunday. The street is so crowded, it's not much fun then. I prefer shopping on Tuesday morning, when there is hardly anyone.
Directions: Kalverstraat is the street in between Rabobank and P&C.
Bijenkorf department store
De Bijenkorf is the biggest department store in Amsterdam. It is quite an exclusive place where you can buy almost everything you need, from clothing and home decoration to the latest cd's and magazines.
Directions: On Dam Square.
Magna Plaza houses quite some shops. It is a mall with outlets by for example Björn Borg, Laundry Industry and many other big brands. You walk along a gallery and there are also some places along the galleries where you have have a drink or something to eat.
What to pay: Most shops are quite exclusive so you should bring a lot of money if intending to shop here.
Directions: Right behind the Royal Palace.
More Reviews (33)
- See All 90's NOW
- See All Fatastic Indonesian Rijsttafel
- See All Oude Kerk
- See All Zaanse Schans
martin_nl's Related Pages
Amsterdam Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "MY BIRTHPLACE"
- "God made the Dutch, but the Dutch made Holland"
- "Amsterdam - I love it!"
- "Amsterdam, is it real?"
- "Amsterdam, where the Dutch money is spend"
- "Amsterdam! The most liberal city in the World"
- "Dutch Arts and History."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Amsterdam
- Hotels in Amsterdam
- Transportation in Amsterdam
- Nightlife in Amsterdam
- Restaurants in Amsterdam
- Shopping in Amsterdam
- Warnings and Dangers in Amsterdam
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Amsterdam
- 36 Reviews
- 50 Photos
- 32 Forum posts
- 31 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (12)
Have you been to Amsterdam?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Amsterdam
Photos in AmsterdamSee All Photos (50)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Australia Intro, 85 reviews, 146 photos
- Rome Intro, 94 reviews, 117 photos, 3 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 42 reviews, 148 photos, 3 travelogues
- Sydney Intro, 72 reviews, 107 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Haarlem Intro, 55 reviews, 94 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Zealand Intro, 59 reviews, 77 photos, 2 travelogues
- London Intro, 62 reviews, 72 photos, 1 travelogue
- Maastricht Intro, 30 reviews, 65 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Den Bosch Intro, 30 reviews, 63 photos, 4 travelogues
- Stockholm Intro, 43 reviews, 44 photos, 1 travelogue
FriendsSee All Friends (71)
- Red Light District - De Wallen- 144 Reviews, 163 Photos
- Canal Boat Tours- 189 Reviews, 307 Photos
- Anne Frank House- 241 Reviews, 252 Photos
- Sex Museum- 49 Reviews, 59 Photos
- Dam Square- 89 Reviews, 164 Photos
- Coffee Shops- 123 Reviews, 132 Photos
- Rijksmuseum- 210 Reviews, 350 Photos
- Van Gogh Museum- 166 Reviews, 176 Photos
- Flower Market - Bloemenmarkt- 66 Reviews, 102 Photos
- Heineken Brewery- 98 Reviews, 139 Photos
See All Amsterdam Things to Do