"Den Bosch" Top 5 Page for this destination Den Bosch by martin_nl

Den Bosch Travel Guide: 185 reviews and 460 photos

Den Bosch is a great city in the north of the Province of Noord-Brabant. It is the city of the Bosche Bol, the St. Jan cathedral, the Binnen Dieze and many shops, restaurants and pubs. It is also the capital city of the Province Noord Brabant.

Den Bosch is one of my favourite cities of the Netherlands, after Haarlem of course ;-) Both cities have a lot of common when you look at the atmosphere there is in the city. A lot of green from trees and plants, many shops, restaurants and nice buildings!

Whenever I go to Den Bosch it is to meet friends, to have dinner and a drink. Last time I visited in July this was no exception with the addition that we also went on a little city tour. Well it wasn't organised bu just a walk. Kim showed us around in her city with the help of a brochure we bought for € 1,60 at the tourist information (VVV). Almost all the pictures you will see on this page were taken at that time. Have a fun time reading my tips.

St. Jans Cathedral

One of the most beautiful churches of the Netherlands is certainly the St. Jan Cathedral. This is what a church is supposed to look like. Beautiful arty and colourful glass windows. High ceilings, richly decorated on the outside and a fantastic interior. The church makes the city of Den Bosch complete. Have a look in the travelogue to read some details and view some pictures!

• Pros:Restaurant overdose
  • Cons:No con's really!
  • In a nutshell:Fantastic day away from anywhere.
  • Last visit to Den Bosch: Jul 2003
  • Intro Updated Aug 22, 2003

• slothtraveller's Profile Photo
    Apr 29, 2011 at 3:13 PM

Martin, I enjoyed my virtual tour of Den Bosch!

• Mar 5, 2009 at 8:24 PM

Hi, Martin, I was born in Holland, but I've been living in Australia for the last 35 years, will be coming this july and this time will visit Den Bosch. We visit Holland every couple of years. This time for 2 1/2 months. Keep up the good work. Gerard

• mary2u99's Profile Photo
    Apr 30, 2007 at 10:47 AM

No Maarten, I almost always visit NL in autumn or winter, but I did pick up Sinterklaas with all the kids from the train station in Winterswijk. I visit here often too. Bossche Bol yummy. I don't see any herring eating page here.hahaha Great page.

• jo104's Profile Photo
    Mar 26, 2007 at 7:40 AM

Thanks for a great read, I'm visiting late April so I hope the boat trip is open :-)

• b1bob's Profile Photo
    May 22, 2005 at 2:48 PM

Nice job!

• tvdm's Profile Photo
    Feb 14, 2005 at 11:05 AM

Hoi Maarten! Geweldige page voor Oeteldonk! Leuk als je wat leert over je eigen stad :) Ik woon sinds kort weer in NL dus hang nog steeds de toerist uit hier, haha! Groeten uit Amsterdam!

• jamiesno's Profile Photo
    Dec 4, 2004 at 4:42 PM

Hi Martin Den Bosch looks like a nice little place. I enjoyed your tips here. It seems like all the Netherlands is just scenic and peaceful to explore. Cheers! :-)

• shivan's Profile Photo
    Sep 13, 2004 at 1:36 AM

funny pictures here, thanks

• beetlebummer's Profile Photo
    Mar 23, 2004 at 4:07 PM

You mentioned that the Binnendieze was a sewer before. Is it still is today?

• El_Sueco's Profile Photo
    Mar 23, 2004 at 4:02 PM

Beautiful fotos from St Jans and from the channel.

martin_nl

“It's all good...”

Badges & Stats in Den Bosch

Have you been to Den Bosch?

Latest Activity in Den Bosch