Haarlem Sports & Outdoors Tips by martin_nl Top 5 Page for this destination
Haarlem Sports & Outdoors: 5 reviews and 5 photos
Focussing on the ball
Every year in July Haarlem organises a baseball week. It attracts a lo of people to watch a nice game of baseball. The players are not a bunch of local people trying to play ball, but are BIG teams from around the world! This year's participants were USA, Cuba, Japan, Chinese Taipei, South Africa and of course the Netherlands. Unfortunately the Netherlands lost in the finals from the USA this year, but maybe next year we'll have some more luck!
Equipment: Bring you umbrella, as it always rains at some point during this event!
Address: Pim Mullierlaan
Directions: The stadium can be reached by taking bus 2 from the central station of Haarlem into the direction of Haarlem Noord. Then exit the bus at 'Jaap Edenlaan'.
Theme: Sports Watching
In the winter season you can always enjoy skating the ice in Haarlem. This year the season started Saturday October 5th and will end Sunday March 16th 2003. The lane is 400 metres long and there is lso a small area where you can practice bit before making the 400 m. rounds. Entrance will cost 4,50 EUR for adults.
Equipment: You can bring your own ice-skates, but you can also rent them for 4,50 EUR. Make sure to bring your passport or ID. A pair of gloves and some extra sock may be necessary as well!!
Address: IJsbaanlaan 2
Directions: Take bus 2 from the trainstation of Haarlem and get out at Styvesantplein. From there about 300 metres walk.
More Reviews (53)
- See All Sculpture in front of Amsterdamse Poort
- Jopen beer
- Flower parade
- See All Great all around the world oriented...
- See All Fusillade monument
martin_nl's Related Pages
Haarlem Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Haarlem - City of Flowers"
- "HAARLEM MY HOMETOWN"
- "Between us, I prefer Haarlem to Amsterdam."
- "READY FOR A VT-MEETING?"
- "An Easy Day Trip From Amsterdam Central"
- "Haarlem Adventures"
- ""Vicit vim Virtus" (Love conquers Evil)"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Haarlem
- Hotels in Haarlem
- Transportation in Haarlem
- Nightlife in Haarlem
- Restaurants in Haarlem
- Shopping in Haarlem
- Warnings and Dangers in Haarlem
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Haarlem
- 55 Reviews
- 94 Photos
- 12 Forum posts
- 74 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (19)
Have you been to Haarlem?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Haarlem
- updated a Haarlem Travelogue "VT-meeting 26th April 2003: REPORT"
- Posted in Travel New Zealand Forum "Re: Melbourne to New Zealand"
- Commented on one of Sibbella's Haarlem travel pages
- Wrote a Review Sculpture in front of Amsterdamse Poort about Statues in Haarlem Off The Beaten Path
- Uploaded a Photo to "Sculpture in front of Amsterdamse Poort"
Photos in HaarlemSee All Photos (94)
Top 10 Pages
- Australia Intro, 85 reviews, 146 photos
- Rome Intro, 94 reviews, 117 photos, 3 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 42 reviews, 148 photos, 3 travelogues
- Sydney Intro, 72 reviews, 107 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Haarlem Intro, 55 reviews, 94 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Zealand Intro, 59 reviews, 77 photos, 2 travelogues
- London Intro, 62 reviews, 72 photos, 1 travelogue
- Maastricht Intro, 30 reviews, 65 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Den Bosch Intro, 30 reviews, 63 photos, 4 travelogues
- Stockholm Intro, 43 reviews, 44 photos, 1 travelogue
FriendsSee All Friends (70)
- Grote Markt- 47 Reviews, 77 Photos
- Grote Kerk- 23 Reviews, 47 Photos
- Hofjes- 31 Reviews, 50 Photos
- Streets / Canals- 22 Reviews, 52 Photos
- Teylers Museum- 17 Reviews, 22 Photos
- Flower Parade- 6 Reviews, 5 Photos
- Frans Hals Museum- 18 Reviews, 33 Photos
- St. Bavo Cathedral- 9 Reviews, 19 Photos
- Spaarne- 12 Reviews, 16 Photos
- Museums- 17 Reviews, 24 Photos
See All Haarlem Things to Do