Haarlem Transportation Tips by martin_nl Top 5 Page for this destination
Haarlem Transportation: 48 reviews and 53 photos
Used-to-be waiting room 1st class passengers
Haarlem is very easily reached. The train can bring you there in no-time. From Amsterdam Central the train only takes about 15 minutes. What's even better is that a train leaves for Haarlem about every 10 minutes. The trains leave Amsterdam Central at these times past every hour:
.07 Intercity takes 13 minutes
.11 Fast train takes 15 minutes
.21 Stoptrain takes 17 minutes
.41 Fast train
.51 Stop train
Picture is taken from http://home.planet.nl/~raves036/haarlem.htm
If you plan to come to Haarlem as a day trip when you are in Amsterdam come by train. If you com from the airport and want to go straight to Haarlem take the Zuidtangent (line 300). This is a high speed bus that runs from Haarlem via the Floriade, Hoofddorp and Schiphol to Amsterdam Zuidoost (South-East). It runs very efficient during weekdays at least every 10 minutes. In weekends about every 10-15 minutes.
To get around Haarlem you can also use this bus. From the train-station it get's you in the shopping centre in only a few minutes, without stopping. A few more stops can get you to Haarlem-Schalkwijk. There is a shopping mall here, so you can shop without getting wet.
The Tempelierstraat and Houtplein are an important place in the city, since almost all buses come here. Not only city buses, but a lot of buses that can drive you through the whole area. The other important place for transportation is the Central Station.
More Reviews (52)
- See All Sculpture in front of Amsterdamse Poort
- Jopen beer
- Flower parade
- See All Great all around the world oriented...
- See All Fusillade monument
martin_nl's Related Pages
Haarlem Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Haarlem - City of Flowers"
- "HAARLEM MY HOMETOWN"
- "Between us, I prefer Haarlem to Amsterdam."
- "READY FOR A VT-MEETING?"
- "An Easy Day Trip From Amsterdam Central"
- ""Vicit vim Virtus" (Love conquers Evil)"
- "Haarlem Adventures"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Haarlem
- Hotels in Haarlem
- Transportation in Haarlem
- Nightlife in Haarlem
- Restaurants in Haarlem
- Shopping in Haarlem
- Warnings and Dangers in Haarlem
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Haarlem
- 55 Reviews
- 94 Photos
- 12 Forum posts
- 74 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (18)
Have you been to Haarlem?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Haarlem
- Posted in Travel New Zealand Forum "Re: Melbourne to New Zealand"
- Commented on one of Sibbella's Haarlem travel pages
- updated a Haarlem Travel Page "Haarlem - City of Flowers"
- Wrote a Review Sculpture in front of Amsterdamse Poort about Statues in Haarlem Off The Beaten Path
- Uploaded a Photo to "Sculpture in front of Amsterdamse Poort"
Photos in HaarlemSee All Photos (94)
Top 10 Pages
- Australia Intro, 85 reviews, 146 photos
- Rome Intro, 94 reviews, 117 photos, 3 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 42 reviews, 148 photos, 3 travelogues
- Sydney Intro, 72 reviews, 107 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Haarlem Intro, 55 reviews, 94 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Zealand Intro, 59 reviews, 77 photos, 2 travelogues
- London Intro, 62 reviews, 72 photos, 1 travelogue
- Maastricht Intro, 30 reviews, 65 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Den Bosch Intro, 30 reviews, 63 photos, 4 travelogues
- Stockholm Intro, 43 reviews, 44 photos, 1 travelogue
FriendsSee All Friends (70)
- Grote Markt- 47 Reviews, 77 Photos
- Grote Kerk- 23 Reviews, 47 Photos
- Hofjes- 31 Reviews, 50 Photos
- Teylers Museum- 17 Reviews, 22 Photos
- Flower Parade- 6 Reviews, 5 Photos
- Streets / Canals- 22 Reviews, 52 Photos
- St. Bavo Cathedral- 9 Reviews, 19 Photos
- Frans Hals Museum- 18 Reviews, 33 Photos
- Museums- 17 Reviews, 24 Photos
- Spaarne- 12 Reviews, 16 Photos
See All Haarlem Things to Do