"Canoeing in Kalenberg and the Weerribben NP" Kalenberg by martin_nl
Kalenberg Travel Guide: 7 reviews and 98 photos
On a typical Monday in June we decided to do some canoeing somewhere in the Netherlands. Since Beatrijs lives in Blokzijl, I said why not go to the Weerribben National Park and rent some canoes there. We headed over to Kalenberg a nice little town next to the Weerribben and jumped in our canoes.
We strarted a bit wobbly almost capseizing, but luckily the three of us stayed dry all day! Well actually it was only for about three hours. We started around 3pm and delivered the boats back again at around 6pm. We did the Kalenberg route, which takes you only a little bit into the Weerribben.
The Weerribben is a beautiful National Park with a lot of water and reed. Most of the trip around the Weerribben you hear almost nothing to absolutely nothing, only the wind blowing and the quacking of some ducks. Canoeing around the Weerribben is what I can recommend to anyone especially if you want to find some quietnes, a place to relax and a place to enjoy the nature!
The nature in the Weerribben is great. We had the sun with us all day so it was great for the canoe trip. At one point... more travel advice
Even without a map it is extremely hard to get lost in the Weeribben if you stick with the routes. The three routes... more travel advice
martin_nl's Related Pages
Kalenberg Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Canoeing in Kalenberg and the Weerribben NP"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kalenberg
- 6 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (12)
Have you been to Kalenberg?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kalenberg
Photos in KalenbergSee All Photos (7)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Australia Intro, 85 reviews, 146 photos
- Rome Intro, 94 reviews, 117 photos, 3 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 42 reviews, 148 photos, 3 travelogues
- Sydney Intro, 72 reviews, 107 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Haarlem Intro, 55 reviews, 94 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Zealand Intro, 59 reviews, 77 photos, 2 travelogues
- London Intro, 62 reviews, 72 photos, 1 travelogue
- Maastricht Intro, 30 reviews, 65 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Den Bosch Intro, 30 reviews, 63 photos, 4 travelogues
- Stockholm Intro, 43 reviews, 44 photos, 1 travelogue