Rome Tourist Trap Tips by martin_nl
Rome Tourist Traps: 294 reviews and 175 photos
Many people = high prices in Rome - so do compare!
When we passed the Piazza di Spagna we were suddenly feeling very thirsty. So we went into the first shop we saw and ordered two bottles of soda. "Nine Euro please", the lady behind the counter said. Well I might be strupid but I'm not buying just two, half liter bottles of soda for that price, so asked if that really was the price or if she made a mistake. She didn't so we decided not to take the drinks, because that price was just ridiculous.
Fun Alternatives: Only a hundred metres further in a side street we saw the supermarket Spar. And....cold drinks for only 1,50!!! Now that's some easy saving. So just compare prices or you're being ripped off in the touristy places!
Of course what you can always do is refill your bottle at the city fountains. They have fresh water and it's free!!
More Reviews (93)
- Great Italian gifts
- Free nightlife spot
- See All Tomba di Cecilia Metella
- See All The gardens of Villa Borghese
martin_nl's Related Pages
Rome Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "R O M E"
- "TO THE SOURCES OF MY CULTURE AND HISTORY."
- "Roma - Città Eterna"
- "Roma, una citta stupenda"
- "Rome : A Surpise Around Every Corner"
- "weekends in Rome"
- "Awestruck in Rome"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Rome
- Hotels in Rome
- Transportation in Rome
- Nightlife in Rome
- Restaurants in Rome
- Shopping in Rome
- Warnings and Dangers in Rome
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Rome
- 94 Reviews
- 117 Photos
- 3 Forum posts
- 46 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (18)
Have you been to Rome?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Rome
- Posted in Travel New Zealand Forum "Re: Melbourne to New Zealand"
- updated a Rome Travel Page "The world's biggest open air museum?"
- Commented on one of Mobleydcat's Rome travel pages
- Uploaded a Photo to "The Via Appia Antica I"
- Wrote a Review Great Italian gifts about Women's Clothing in Rome Shopping
Photos in RomeSee All Photos (117)
Top 10 Pages
- Australia Intro, 85 reviews, 146 photos
- Rome Intro, 94 reviews, 117 photos, 3 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 42 reviews, 148 photos, 3 travelogues
- Sydney Intro, 72 reviews, 107 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Haarlem Intro, 55 reviews, 94 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Zealand Intro, 59 reviews, 77 photos, 2 travelogues
- London Intro, 62 reviews, 72 photos, 1 travelogue
- Maastricht Intro, 30 reviews, 65 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Den Bosch Intro, 30 reviews, 63 photos, 4 travelogues
- Stockholm Intro, 43 reviews, 44 photos, 1 travelogue
FriendsSee All Friends (71)
- Trevi Fountain - Fontana di Trevi- 341 Reviews, 564 Photos
- Piazza Venezia - Vittoriano- 188 Reviews, 312 Photos
- Colosseum- 491 Reviews, 917 Photos
- Spanish Steps - Piazza di Spagna- 301 Reviews, 471 Photos
- Roman Forum- 242 Reviews, 463 Photos
- Castel Sant'Angelo- 146 Reviews, 281 Photos
- Piazza Navona- 169 Reviews, 282 Photos
- Villa Borghese- 76 Reviews, 144 Photos
- St. Peter's Basilica - Basilica San Pietro- 136 Reviews, 282 Photos
- Piazza Campo de' Fiori- 63 Reviews, 111 Photos
See All Rome Things to Do