"Tintagel Castle and Church" Top 5 Page for this destination Tintagel by martin_nl
Tintagel Travel Guide: 60 reviews and 163 photos
On Friday afternoon we went for a weekend trip to Cornwall. We didn't really have a list of things to do, just that we would be heading to Cornwall and that we would be staying at Porth Beach in Newquay. At a campground we booked already the afternoon before our arrival. The campground had won the "Loo of the Year Award", so sounded perfect. On arrival (5 mins before check in closed) I went to check out the loo and asked Lisette to put the tent up. She said that by the time I got back from the loo the tent would be up. Gotta see that first! Got back from the loo and nothing was up. Lisette said I was going to kill her. I asked her what had happened to which she replied she had forgotten to bring the tent poles!! I replied in disbelief and said things like: How on earth can you forget the poles.... I can't believe it... Shouldn't they be in the same bag etc..." Anyway I didn't feel too stressed about the situation. We would solve it. It resulted in us driving all the way to the next town where they had a Tesco, where we got the very last tent! Can you believe it!!
Drove all the way back again to Newquay by the time we were getting quite hungry. We popped into the Chinese restaurant 5 minuted before closing time and ordered a 12.95 two persons meal which we ate after we set up the tent. What a day!!!
We went to bed quite early which resulted in waking up at 7:15am or so. Way too early to get moving went to the loo again and hopped back into bed. Woke up an hour or so later, by which time the temperature in the tent must have risen till about 50 degrees.
Anyway at around 10am we decided to go to Tintagel, home to the legendary King Arthur's Castle. We got there about two hours later, since the traffic on the road was horrible! We spent a couple of hours walking around the castle and surroundings and found the whole place just beautiful! Check out the tips to see for yourself.
- Pros:Amazing surroundings
- Cons:Too many stairs
- In a nutshell:A perfect day out
Although personally I wasn't too tired after I had climbed the steps all the way down and then up again, lots of people... more travel advice
While at the top of the castle not just look at the castle, but make sure to take in the beautiful surroundings. There... more travel advice
martin_nl's Related Pages
Tintagel Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Tintagel Castle and Church"
- "Tintagel - A wonderful surprise!"
- "The legend of King Arthur"
- "Tintagel - the most beautiful place in England"
- "Tintagel, North Cornwall"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Tintagel
- Hotels in Tintagel
- Restaurants in Tintagel
- Shopping in Tintagel
- Warnings and Dangers in Tintagel
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Tintagel
- 11 Reviews
- 19 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (13)
Have you been to Tintagel?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Tintagel
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Australia Intro, 85 reviews, 146 photos
- Rome Intro, 94 reviews, 117 photos, 3 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 42 reviews, 148 photos, 3 travelogues
- Sydney Intro, 72 reviews, 107 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Haarlem Intro, 55 reviews, 94 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Zealand Intro, 59 reviews, 77 photos, 2 travelogues
- London Intro, 62 reviews, 72 photos, 1 travelogue
- Maastricht Intro, 30 reviews, 65 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Den Bosch Intro, 30 reviews, 63 photos, 4 travelogues
- Stockholm Intro, 43 reviews, 44 photos, 1 travelogue