Sydney Transportation Tips by martin_nl
Sydney Transportation: 400 reviews and 410 photos
Cicular Quay ferry terminal
Beside the ferry to Manly which is a day trip in itself, there are numerous other ferries around the harbour, taking you to places such as the Olympic Park, Taronga Zoo, Parramatta and loads of other destinations. Check departure times at Circular Quay, from where all the ferryies depart.
View of the harbour as seen from the ferry
One of the nicest things to do in Sydney is to take the ferry to Manly Beach. You depart from Circular Quay, wharf 3 if I'm not mistaken, and the ferry will take you through the harbour right to Manly in about 30-40 minutes. The best time to take the ferry is on a sunny day during the weekend. There will be so many boats out there on the water, it's just great! When you arrive in Manly you can do some shopping in all the surf shops. At the end of the shopping street you will have the beach.
You wil have great views of the Opera House as you depart Circular Quay and on your way back you can take magnificient pictures of the city and the Harbour Bridge. Go back around sunset, which is around 19:30 or 20:00 in summertime.
The monorail above Darling Harbour Bridge
The mnonorail is quite a nice thing, but pretty useless. It looks a bit like an amusement park attraction, that makes only a small circle through the city. Don't expect to get anywhere with this train.
Our airplane during stopover in Bangkok
I flew Qantas to Sydney and although the leg space could use a major improvement in economy class the service was very good. Every seat has its own little screen with quite some channels on. There are many recent movies on, aswell as many different series and other programs. The staff was very helpful and friendly and took good care of everyones needs. The food I have to say was also delicious. This was actually the first time I liked the food served very much. All in all I'd say fly Qantas!!
More Reviews (68)
- See All Westfield Sydney Central Plaza
- See All Monday quiz night
- Sydney to Hobart Yacht Race
- See All The lively harbour
- See All Darling Harbour Mall
martin_nl's Related Pages
Sydney Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "What do you do with your weekend?"
- "Love Those Sydneysiders"
- "Sydney - For the discerning tourist"
- "Flying down Sydney Way..."
- "The best start to any adventure Down Under"
- "City of Water and Trees"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Sydney
- Hotels in Sydney
- Transportation in Sydney
- Nightlife in Sydney
- Restaurants in Sydney
- Shopping in Sydney
- Warnings and Dangers in Sydney
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Sydney
- 72 Reviews
- 107 Photos
- 11 Forum posts
- 35 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (12)
Have you been to Sydney?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Sydney
- Posted in Travel New Zealand Forum "Re: Melbourne to New Zealand"
- Commented on one of leffe3's Sydney travel pages
- Uploaded a Photo to "Christmas in Bondi"
- updated a Sydney Travelogue "Christmas in Bondi"
- Wrote a Review Ferry around the harbour about Ferry / Jet Cat / River Cat in Sydney Transportation
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Australia Intro, 85 reviews, 146 photos
- Rome Intro, 94 reviews, 117 photos, 3 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 42 reviews, 148 photos, 3 travelogues
- Sydney Intro, 72 reviews, 107 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Haarlem Intro, 55 reviews, 94 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Zealand Intro, 59 reviews, 77 photos, 2 travelogues
- London Intro, 62 reviews, 72 photos, 1 travelogue
- Maastricht Intro, 30 reviews, 65 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Den Bosch Intro, 30 reviews, 63 photos, 4 travelogues
- Stockholm Intro, 43 reviews, 44 photos, 1 travelogue
FriendsSee All Friends (71)
- Sydney Opera House- 170 Reviews, 278 Photos
- Blue Mountains- 101 Reviews, 149 Photos
- Darling Harbour- 164 Reviews, 290 Photos
- Queen Victoria Building- 46 Reviews, 86 Photos
- Circular Quay- 79 Reviews, 167 Photos
- Harbour Bridge- 187 Reviews, 283 Photos
- The Rocks- 105 Reviews, 166 Photos
- AMP Centre Point Tower- 61 Reviews, 91 Photos
- Taronga Zoo- 85 Reviews, 174 Photos
- Chinatown- 30 Reviews, 71 Photos
See All Sydney Things to Do