"A few days in Bangkok" Bangkok by martin_nl
Bangkok Travel Guide: 10,714 reviews and 24,270 photos
I can't believe it's already been 2 years ago that I've been to Bangkok. I look back to BKK with mixed feelings. The sights are just amazing, but I found the people to be a bit pushy and I constantly felt like people were just after my money. I didn't really meet the locals, just the people that serve the tourists, so this might have something to do with that fact. They don't seem to take no for an answer. Oh well something to get used to I suppose, but this was so very different compared to Malaysia, where people are much more laid back.
Anyway, I spent 4 days in Bangkok and since it was the end of my 10 month trip I decided to pamper myself, so I booked some nights at the Sheraton on Sukhumvit Road. This is the best hotel I've ever stayed at. However the location is not that convenient, so I don't think I'll stay here again. On the first day I didn't do all that much. I booked a Thai cooking course at the hotel which was just great and I learned a lot about the Thai cuisine.
Next copule of days I checked out some of the highlights of the city. The Grand Palace, Wat Phra Kaew, Wat Pho, Vimanmek Teak Mansion and some other sights. I had a great time taking the Tuk Tuk, walking along Khao San Road, taking in all the scents of food markets and looking at all the handicrafts. I will for sure go back to Thailand to check out some more sights of Bangkok and of course the rest of the country.
- Pros:Some of the most beautiful buildings in the world
- Cons:Smokey, prostitutes, dirty
martin_nl's Related Pages
Bangkok Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Bangkok, Krung Thep - The best of"
- "tHe Bangkok in my mind.."
- "Heightened Senses X 2"
- "Bangkok - Which Means "Straw Hat!""
- "Fantastic Bangkok"
- "One of my favorite cities in Asia"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bangkok
- Hotels in Bangkok
- Transportation in Bangkok
- Nightlife in Bangkok
- Restaurants in Bangkok
- Shopping in Bangkok
- Warnings and Dangers in Bangkok
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bangkok
- 0 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (19)
Have you been to Bangkok?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bangkok
Photos in BangkokSee All Photos (1)
Top 10 Pages
- Australia Intro, 85 reviews, 146 photos
- Rome Intro, 94 reviews, 117 photos, 3 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 42 reviews, 148 photos, 3 travelogues
- Sydney Intro, 72 reviews, 107 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Haarlem Intro, 55 reviews, 94 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Zealand Intro, 59 reviews, 77 photos, 2 travelogues
- London Intro, 62 reviews, 72 photos, 1 travelogue
- Maastricht Intro, 30 reviews, 65 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Den Bosch Intro, 30 reviews, 63 photos, 4 travelogues
- Stockholm Intro, 43 reviews, 44 photos, 1 travelogue