"A few days in Bangkok" Bangkok by martin_nl

Bangkok Travel Guide: 10,366 reviews and 23,038 photos

I can't believe it's already been 2 years ago that I've been to Bangkok. I look back to BKK with mixed feelings. The sights are just amazing, but I found the people to be a bit pushy and I constantly felt like people were just after my money. I didn't really meet the locals, just the people that serve the tourists, so this might have something to do with that fact. They don't seem to take no for an answer. Oh well something to get used to I suppose, but this was so very different compared to Malaysia, where people are much more laid back.

Anyway, I spent 4 days in Bangkok and since it was the end of my 10 month trip I decided to pamper myself, so I booked some nights at the Sheraton on Sukhumvit Road. This is the best hotel I've ever stayed at. However the location is not that convenient, so I don't think I'll stay here again. On the first day I didn't do all that much. I booked a Thai cooking course at the hotel which was just great and I learned a lot about the Thai cuisine.

Next copule of days I checked out some of the highlights of the city. The Grand Palace, Wat Phra Kaew, Wat Pho, Vimanmek Teak Mansion and some other sights. I had a great time taking the Tuk Tuk, walking along Khao San Road, taking in all the scents of food markets and looking at all the handicrafts. I will for sure go back to Thailand to check out some more sights of Bangkok and of course the rest of the country.

• Pros:Some of the most beautiful buildings in the world
  • Cons:Smokey, prostitutes, dirty
  • Last visit to Bangkok: Sep 2004
  • Intro Written Oct 8, 2006

martin_nl

“It's all good...”

Badges & Stats in Bangkok

Have you been to Bangkok?

Latest Activity in Bangkok