"The heritage of Melaka" Melaka by martin_nl
Melaka Travel Guide: 1,700 reviews and 4,393 photos
The thing I like about Melaka is that it is so rich in history and culture. This has to be the only place in the world where in one street you will find a typical Dutch house, Portuguese architecture, an Islamic mosque, Buddhist, Indian and Taoist temples and Victorian houses and where people of all cultures are thoroughly friendly to eachother and to tourists.
- Pros:Rich in history and culture
- Cons:It's a bit too hot and humid
- In a nutshell:European heritage in the Far East
This place can't be missed really. The exterior of the building is quite loud and so are the t-shirts and the art for... more travel advice
There is a big Chinese population in present day Malaysia. And the Hungry Ghosts Festival is one of their festivities.... more travel advice
martin_nl's Related Pages
Melaka Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A Yeow Kwee (Glutton) in Melaka"
- "Melaka - The Historical City of Malaysia"
- "Historical Town of Melaka (Malacca)"
- "malacca, a smal historical city"
- "My Melaka"
- "More than a Historical Town - Home to Baba Nyonya"
- "Melaka - Malaysia's historical centre"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Melaka
- Hotels in Melaka
- Transportation in Melaka
- Nightlife in Melaka
- Restaurants in Melaka
- Shopping in Melaka
- Warnings and Dangers in Melaka
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Melaka
- 15 Reviews
- 35 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (18)
Have you been to Melaka?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Melaka
Photos in MelakaSee All Photos (35)
Top 10 Pages
- Australia Intro, 85 reviews, 146 photos
- Rome Intro, 94 reviews, 117 photos, 3 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 42 reviews, 148 photos, 3 travelogues
- Sydney Intro, 72 reviews, 107 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Haarlem Intro, 55 reviews, 94 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Zealand Intro, 59 reviews, 77 photos, 2 travelogues
- London Intro, 62 reviews, 72 photos, 1 travelogue
- Maastricht Intro, 30 reviews, 65 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Den Bosch Intro, 30 reviews, 63 photos, 4 travelogues
- Stockholm Intro, 43 reviews, 44 photos, 1 travelogue