"There are always even more places to discover" martin_nl's Profile

Hello everyone,

My name is Martin, and I live in Hoofddorp, which is close to Haarlem and Amsterdam.

Travelling is my passion. I've seen quite a few places around the world, and love to share tips and travel stories. Have a look around my pages to see if my tips can be of any help to you.

Travel inspiration

There are a couple of words that symbolise the way I love to travel:

| Adventure | Culture | Challenge | Learn |

| Nature | Fun | People | Mystery |

For me a trip is complete if most of these things are present in my travels.

Past and future travels

Future Travels
Jul ==> Sharm el Sheikh, Egypt (booked)
Aug ==> Buckinghamshire, England

Aug ==> Antwerp, Belgium
Aug ==> Utrecht, Netherlands
Dec ==> London, England

Favourite Places - Nature

These are my favourite places in the world that I have been able to visit so far where nature is concerned.

Wilson's Promontory, VIC, Australia
Great tracks and rough seas on the east side of the peninsula. Also some of the most beautiful beaches in the country, though not suitable for swimming.

Fiordland NP, New Zealand
Situated in the Southwest of the South Island is this UNESCO listed world heritage. The whole area is jaw dropping. There are fjords, snow capped mountains, many species of birds and lots of rain.

Sungai Kinabatangan, Sabah, Malaysia
A river through a jungle. Stay in huts close to the river and meet the locals: Orang-utans, elephants, crocodiles, civet cats, wild pigs and hornbills. A true experience!

Isle of Skye, Highlands, Scotland
This is the best of Scotland. Visit the Quirang and judge for yourself.

Lizard Peninsula, Cornwall, England
The biggest surprise I found in England. Never thought this country was so beautiful. You have to see Kynance Cove on the Lizard Peninsula in Cornwall. Go there on a warm summer day and you're in for a real treat.

Favourite Places - Cities

Many people say: A city is a city is a city. To some extent I agree, but there are cities that differ so much from your standard city. Just take a look at a couple of my favourites.

Sydney, Australia
This is my favourite of all cities, not just in Australia, but in the whole world. Take a look at my Sydney page and judge for yourself.

London, England
I have been here many times. Usually I visit at least once a year. There is always something different to do. Or you can do the same things in a different season and it will be different again.

Barcelona, Spain
Try and visit as many of Gaudi's works of art. Some are actually still in progress. The food is great, people are friendly and there's a beach too. Oh and the weather is usually nice all year round.

Rome, Italy
When I went to Rome I was stunned by all the old buildings, or at least what is left of them. If you are into jaw dropping architecture, rich culture and want to learn about the world's history this is the place to go.

• Intro Updated May 3, 2009

Personal Pages (1)

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!