"There are always even more places to discover" martin_nl's Profile
My name is Martin, and I live in Hoofddorp, which is close to Haarlem and Amsterdam.
Travelling is my passion. I've seen quite a few places around the world, and love to share tips and travel stories. Have a look around my pages to see if my tips can be of any help to you.
There are a couple of words that symbolise the way I love to travel:
| Nature | Fun | People | Mystery |
For me a trip is complete if most of these things are present in my travels.
Jul ==> Sharm el Sheikh, Egypt (booked)
Aug ==> Buckinghamshire, England
Jun ==> Ruta Maya; Mexico, Guatemala, Honduras & Belize
Aug ==> V Festival in Chelmsford, England
Dec ==> Buckinghamshire, England
Jan ==> Buckinghamshire, England
Jun ==> Buckingahmshire, England
Jul ==> Madrid, Spain
Jul ==> Valencia, Spain
Nov ==> Buckinghamshire, England
Nov ==> Dorset, England
Jan ==> London, England
Jan ==> Oxford, England
May ==> Sharm el Sheikh, Egypt
May ==> Giza, Egypt
Oct ==> Iceland
Oct ==> New York City, USA
Dec ==> Buckinghamshire, England
May ==> Scotland
Jul ==> Marlow, England
Jul ==> Lizard Peninsula, England
Jul ==> Tintagel, England
Jul ==> Brighton, England
Jul ==> Canterbury,England
Jul ==> London,England
Aug ==> Antwerp, Belgium
Aug ==> Utrecht, Netherlands
Dec ==> London, England
These are my favourite places in the world that I have been able to visit so far where nature is concerned.
Wilson's Promontory, VIC, Australia
Great tracks and rough seas on the east side of the peninsula. Also some of the most beautiful beaches in the country, though not suitable for swimming.
Fiordland NP, New Zealand
Situated in the Southwest of the South Island is this UNESCO listed world heritage. The whole area is jaw dropping. There are fjords, snow capped mountains, many species of birds and lots of rain.
Sungai Kinabatangan, Sabah, Malaysia
A river through a jungle. Stay in huts close to the river and meet the locals: Orang-utans, elephants, crocodiles, civet cats, wild pigs and hornbills. A true experience!
Isle of Skye, Highlands, Scotland
This is the best of Scotland. Visit the Quirang and judge for yourself.
Lizard Peninsula, Cornwall, England
The biggest surprise I found in England. Never thought this country was so beautiful. You have to see Kynance Cove on the Lizard Peninsula in Cornwall. Go there on a warm summer day and you're in for a real treat.
Many people say: A city is a city is a city. To some extent I agree, but there are cities that differ so much from your standard city. Just take a look at a couple of my favourites.
This is my favourite of all cities, not just in Australia, but in the whole world. Take a look at my Sydney page and judge for yourself.
I have been here many times. Usually I visit at least once a year. There is always something different to do. Or you can do the same things in a different season and it will be different again.
Try and visit as many of Gaudi's works of art. Some are actually still in progress. The food is great, people are friendly and there's a beach too. Oh and the weather is usually nice all year round.
When I went to Rome I was stunned by all the old buildings, or at least what is left of them. If you are into jaw dropping architecture, rich culture and want to learn about the world's history this is the place to go.
Personal Pages (1)
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 1,100 Reviews
- 2,028 Photos
- 18 Countries
- 49 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (12)
- martin_nl and savvygirl are now friends.
- Commented on sim1's profile page
updated their Profile Page "There are always even more places to discover"
- Posted in Travel New Zealand Forum "Re: Melbourne to New Zealand"
- Wrote a Review Chinese in New York City Restaurants
- Uploaded a Photo to "Wholesome foods"
- updated a Amsterdam Travel Page "Amsterdam"
PhotosSee All Photos (2028)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Australia Intro, 85 reviews, 146 photos
- Rome Intro, 94 reviews, 117 photos, 3 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 42 reviews, 148 photos, 3 travelogues
- Sydney Intro, 72 reviews, 107 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Haarlem Intro, 55 reviews, 94 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Zealand Intro, 59 reviews, 77 photos, 2 travelogues
- London Intro, 62 reviews, 72 photos, 1 travelogue
- Maastricht Intro, 30 reviews, 65 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Den Bosch Intro, 30 reviews, 63 photos, 4 travelogues
- Stockholm Intro, 43 reviews, 44 photos, 1 travelogue