""Our Land" since April 1, 1999" Nunavut by arcticboy
Nunavut Travel Guide: 114 reviews and 330 photos
Okay, so it's time to put my money where my mouth is. I've always said that Iqaluit isn't Nunavut and though Iqaluit is the capital of Nunavut, it by no means reflects what it's really like in Nunavut. I spent most of my childhood in the smaller towns of Nunavut and only moved to Iqaluit in the last few years due to work.
I'm going to try to scrounge some pictures and tips on the communities besides Iqaluit. I hope to show you all what makes Nunavut so distinct from the rest of Canada and the world.
One of the main communities I grew up in was Rankin Inlet, on the central coast of Hudson Bay. I'm trying to find more pictures from my time there, but I don't have many. I actually haven't been back to Rankin in some years now.
- Pros:incredible wilderness
- Cons:extremely isolated
- In a nutshell:20% of Canada's landmass...
arcticboy's Related Pages
Nunavut Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Canada's Newest Territory"
- "Baffin Island"
- "Summer in Nunavut"
- ""Our Land" since April 1, 1999"
- "Looking for bling"
- "The 2006 Arctic Mission!"
- "An Ultimate Adventure"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Nunavut
- Hotels in Nunavut
- Transportation in Nunavut
- Nightlife in Nunavut
- Restaurants in Nunavut
- Shopping in Nunavut
- Warnings and Dangers in Nunavut
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Nunavut
- 3 Reviews
- 16 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Nunavut?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Nunavut
Top 10 Pages
- Hawaii (State of) Intro, 2 reviews, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Iqaluit Intro, 2 reviews, 11 photos, 2 travelogues
- Antarctica Intro, 2 reviews, 7 photos, 1 travelogue
- Chile Intro, 3 reviews, 4 photos
- San Pedro de Atacama Intro, 7 photos, 1 travelogue
- Easter Island Intro, 3 reviews, 4 photos
- Argentina Intro, 3 reviews, 3 photos
- Beijing Intro, 3 reviews, 3 photos
- Norway Intro, 2 reviews, 3 photos
- Arctic Intro, 1 review, 3 photos