"City of Eternal Spring" Top 5 Page for this destination Cuernavaca by jenn_d

Cuernavaca Travel Guide: 98 reviews and 235 photos

Wedding Day Rainstorm

Cuernavaca is a city known for it's agreeable weather, so imagine the the surprise of the my best friend Rebecca when the heavens burst open with a rainsotrm on the eve of her wedding.

Local women advised the bride that the only way to drive away the rain in time for her wedding was to place two knives in the corner of the reception site. Rebecca and and her groom did just that late at night in the pouring rain while the wedding party, family members, and guests crossed their fingers.

The moment of truth...

It continued to rain through the night but by mid morning the rain had stopped and the sun was trying to break throught he clouds.

Amen...I could not bear to see the bride cry for any other reason than sheer happiness.

Sunshine on My Shoulder?

Somehow I managed to find a bit of warmth under the cool clouds.

The following day the sun shone brightly and illuminated the snow capped volcanos off in the distance.

• Pros:A quick escape from the bustle of Mexico City
  • In a nutshell:Everyone knows someone with a vacation home here
  • Last visit to Cuernavaca: Jan 2004
  • Intro Updated Jan 20, 2004

• Aug 26, 2009 at 7:07 PM

How did you find the house?

• Christianne's Profile Photo
    Oct 27, 2005 at 9:57 PM

Looks great! Would like to visit Cuernavaca!

• Gerrem's Profile Photo
    Apr 13, 2005 at 7:20 AM

Take in the View : Great picture ! Regards from Lower Saxony

• Laura_Mexico's Profile Photo
    Jan 24, 2005 at 9:26 PM

Hey Jenn, I hadn't seen this picture of yours, what a nice view!! So glad to know that you got to have this wonderful view, which not even US Mexicans can see very often! ;-) Greetings!

• chris_i79's Profile Photo
    May 17, 2004 at 7:55 PM

Thats a great pic of the volcanos....I was never able to see them that clear. Loved Cuernavaca though

• mtncorg's Profile Photo
    May 17, 2004 at 2:48 PM

Anotehr great example of the different forms of 'travel' and how places can get under our skin deeper when we have deeper purposes?

• mim95's Profile Photo
    Feb 23, 2004 at 5:21 PM

wow...that's a stunning view of the volcano!

• tak_pap's Profile Photo
    Feb 18, 2004 at 6:18 AM

"cow horns" ??? So beautiful place !!! Good comments and tips

• Feb 17, 2004 at 3:44 AM

The brutal conquest by the Spaniards... interesting comment coming from the citizen of a country that has re-defined the word brutality... sorry.. I forgot to add.. ;-)

• vela_candela's Profile Photo
    Feb 7, 2004 at 9:16 PM

For the time I lived there I NEVER saw such a thing! You were more than lucky. About the volcanoes, I guess only the Popocatepetl is one. The Itza__ is a mountain, but since I am not sure I will have to go back and check it out by myself! Great pic BTW!

jenn_d

“Live with Intention”

Badges & Stats in Cuernavaca

Have you been to Cuernavaca?

Latest Activity in Cuernavaca