"One of the last remaining small beach towns..." Top 5 Page for this destination Seal Beach by jenn_d

Seal Beach Travel Guide: 53 reviews and 93 photos

Dotted with Surfers

Most of these pictures were taken on an overcast day in February. Even still, the water was packed with surfers waiting for the perfect wave. This picture was updated January 18th 2009.

In the summertime the shoreline is overflowing with bikini clad girls and local families. Ice cream shops and eating establishments are just footsteps away.

January 2009

My good friend Mel came from the Bay Area this weekend was treated to 80 degree weather, a surf contest, and cinammon french toast at the end of the pier. Our boys even went for a swim in the chilly waters.

Preservation is the key

Seal Beach is one of my favorite Orange County beach communities because its residents are commited to keeping out the national brand chains and preserving the charm of the the city's main strip...not surprisingly named Main Street. You won't find huge hotels and resorts spiliing out on to the sand and you'll have to drive to Long Beach or Huntington Beach(the two neighboring cities)if you want to find a Starbucks.

If I had a minimum of $800,000 to spend on a home this would be the first place that I would look.

• Intro Updated Jan 25, 2009

• KiKitC's Profile Photo
    Nov 25, 2008 at 6:18 AM

Thank you for a great tour of Seal Beach. Would love to visit the vintage movie theatre. Hope your birthday is filled with friends and laughter.

• Yaqui's Profile Photo
    Jan 22, 2008 at 12:46 PM

You know, I cannot recall if I have been to Seal Beach. Must be my age..lol! Anyways, lovely page and some wonderful info. God Bless your friend! Happy Trails!!

• jennwerner's Profile Photo
    Apr 20, 2007 at 7:44 AM

Thanks for seal beach tips I think we will be staying in this town on our trip to Cali in July. Jenn

• Jun 19, 2006 at 4:29 PM

This is a great place with great deals. A two for one turkey dinner and wonderful fish and chip. The only draw back is watching the staff get drunk and pawing their boyfriends who I think drink for free, sad at best

• Waalewiener's Profile Photo
    Sep 24, 2004 at 9:13 PM

I really liked your page Jenn and the travelogue ,again a fun group ,so if I buy 10 shirts I get one for free,that is a lot of shirts to buy just to get a free one hehe.Does that count as well for the Itsy Bitsy Teenie weenie etc etc???

• Weissdorn's Profile Photo
    Sep 23, 2004 at 8:14 AM

Wow! This page really brought back memories. I was so happy to here that Ruby's still exists. Is the cable car still there, too?

• ATXtraveler's Profile Photo
    Jul 8, 2004 at 10:21 PM

I was shocked Leisure World's Community Center was not on your Nightlife tips!

• aussiedoug's Profile Photo
    Apr 20, 2004 at 6:34 AM

Sounds like my kind of place Jenn. Walt's wharf n waves. what more could I want! Well good coffee actually.

• Sonador3's Profile Photo
    Mar 29, 2004 at 9:11 PM

Wonderful Seal Beach pages and travelogue, Jenn. I'm getting the impression you have California pretty well covered! Next stop, Long Beach!

• GrantBoone's Profile Photo
    Dec 18, 2003 at 4:46 AM

Looks a great place ! Interesting pubs too !!!!!

jenn_d

“Live with Intention”

Badges & Stats in Seal Beach

Have you been to Seal Beach?