"A Local Gal's Guide to Long Beach" Top 5 Page for this destination Long Beach by jenn_d

Long Beach Travel Guide: 492 reviews and 1,242 photos

I have tried to include items on page my that were not covered by fellow VT members. Everything I have seen on their pages is right on!!

Long Beach is the southern most beach city in the county of Los Angeles. The city truly has something to offer for everyone which is probably the reason that its residents make up one of the most ethinically diverse cities in the United States. Like many people I first discovered Long Beach when I decided to attend college here in 1993. I spent countless mornings rowing around Naples and Belmont Shore during my years on the rowing team at CSULB, and for this reason I feel a special connection to the waterways of this oceanside community.

A Waveless Beach

The shoreline of Long Beach is protected by a breakwater which enables shipping vessels to enter the harbor safely.

The hot topic of discussion is whether the breakwater should be removed. Environmental groups such as Surfrider argue that removing the breakwater would increase the flow of the tides along the coast and improve the water quality while at the same time attracting more beachgoers to ride the waves. The City of Long Beach and the Port of Los Angeles strongly oppose taking away the sheltered moorings since hundred of millions of dollars are generated by the port.

Go Beach!!! 1992

NOVICE YEAR
What we lacked in talent we made up for in spirit!!!

• Pros:25 miles south of that wretched place called LA
  • Cons:You could cover the best of Long Beach in a day
  • In a nutshell:A great base camp for any So Cal vacation
  • Intro Updated Jan 5, 2003

• Jan 2, 2011 at 10:34 AM

Swingbellys Beach BBQ website! http://www.swingbellysbbq.com Barbecue is a tradition that's been carried on for centuries.We decided to venture across the country in search of this tasty tradition. After packin' on a few extra pounds and

• May 9, 2010 at 12:40 PM

I was there 5/8/2010 t ..BAD security bad crowd dirty ,the drinks are lame not safe what so ever you dont want to go ...it rerally HORRIBLE especially for how expensive , really just go somewhere else.

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Dec 13, 2009 at 11:52 AM

~ Wonderful view of the landscape from the cockpit... Fantastic! Thanks for the nice pages!

• RickinDutch's Profile Photo
    Nov 25, 2008 at 3:22 PM

We got off the boat from England in Long Beach and lived in N long Beach for a couple of years. Place looks better now. Happy Birthday!

• Smartblonde's Profile Photo
    Dec 27, 2007 at 11:06 AM

I just had lunch there with fellow staff, and had never eaten inside, so enjoyed the ambience---Their club sandwich is really excellent! Good review!

• Laura_Mexico's Profile Photo
    Dec 24, 2007 at 3:11 PM

Girl I wish you and your family a very Merry Xmas.... have a great one, and may 2008 be great and filled with trips!

• Oct 7, 2007 at 11:22 PM

Malvasia is closed....It's now George's Greek restaurant....Still a good place to go for dinner....Almost any cafe on 2ND ST. is great !

• JessH's Profile Photo
    Sep 19, 2007 at 11:52 PM

Loved your page. Looks like a great place to live :-) Thanks for sharing your tips & stories... and I agree: I passionately boycott Starbucks wherever I go! They're overpriced, don't taste good & put family-run coffee houses out of business! Jess

• TheTravelSlut's Profile Photo
    Jan 30, 2007 at 1:56 PM

Excellent Long Beach pages. I have a better insight now than when I visited 2 years ago. Ann

• kyoub's Profile Photo
    Dec 11, 2006 at 4:52 PM

A great page of tips, especiallythe restaurants..

jenn_d Lives Here!

jenn_d

“Live with Intention”

Badges & Stats in Long Beach

Have you been to Long Beach?

Latest Activity in Long Beach