"Third time is the charm" Supai by jenn_d
Supai Travel Guide: 32 reviews and 58 photos
SUPAI is the abbreviated name for the Havasupai Indian Reservation located on the lesser known southern side of the Grand Canyon. The name, loosely translated means: People of the Blue and Green Waters. <p> I have visited this reservation on three seperate occasions and each time I have discovered something new.<p> Getting to Supai is no easy task. The reservation is only accessible by hiking 9 downhill canyon miles or taking a pricey helicopter flight. Once you reach the village the campground is an additional 2 mile hike.Temperatures can soar into the 100's during the day, therefore, hiking in during the evening is the best idea. Bear in mind that you must pack in and out your trash and supplies...in this case, less is more. All you really need is your bathing suit, food and shelter!<p>
The scenery is pretty much the same (rocks, rocks and more rocks)until you reach the outskirts of the village where the Watchers first appear. Legend says that when these two pillars fall so will the civilization of Havasupai.
- Pros:You can almost touch God from here
- Cons:Has become quite popular within the last decade
- In a nutshell:Unbelievable Scenery
Get fitted for a pack if you haven't already. Comfort is key to your enjoyment. When you pack your gear place heavier... more travel advice
To get to Mooney Falls, Beaver Falls, and Ferngrado you must scale the cliffs beside Mooney Falls. Fortunately there are... more travel advice
jenn_d's Related Pages
Supai Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "An Oasis at the Bottom of the Grand Canyon"
- "Third time is the charm"
- "Hiking to Supai"
- "You can only get here by foot, horse or mule, or b"
- "Magnificant Waterfalls"
- "Havasupai Reservation"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Supai
- Hotels in Supai
- Transportation in Supai
- Warnings and Dangers in Supai
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Supai
- 10 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 23 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (10)
Have you been to Supai?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Supai
Photos in SupaiSee All Photos (9)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Long Beach Intro, 30 reviews, 50 photos, 3 travelogues
- Athens Intro, 20 reviews, 58 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Seal Beach Intro, 19 reviews, 32 photos, 1 travelogue
- Sint Maarten Intro, 19 reviews, 27 photos
- Mexico City Intro, 17 reviews, 28 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tamarindo Intro, 16 reviews, 17 photos
- Brugge Intro, 16 reviews, 14 photos
- Manarola Intro, 12 reviews, 18 photos, 1 travelogue
- Rome Intro, 13 reviews, 16 photos
- Amsterdam Intro, 10 reviews, 17 photos, 1 travelogue