"RIVER SEASON!!!" Parker by jenn_d
Parker Travel Guide: 17 reviews and 51 photos
We typically head to Parker, AZ where we can rent houses on the rver or to Laughlin, NV where we can stay on the water all day and party at the casinos all night. Both places are about 4 hours drive from Los Angeles.
As most of you know, I married an LA City Fireman....and since all firemen have boats it means that we spend a good part of the spring and summer at the river.
To get to Parker you must take Desert Center Drive. It is an 87 mile 2 lane road quite literally through the middle of the desert. There are no gas stations or rest stops...just you and the desert. This sign directs you towards civilization.
- Cons:Can get a a little out of control on holiday weekends
The Roadrunner is packed day and night. The drink of choice is the Road Raper which features Everclear cleverly... more travel advice
jenn_d's Related Pages
Parker Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Basaic Parker Travel Page"
- "RIVER SEASON!!!"
- "az_wolf's new Parker Page"
- "The River"
- "Parker Dam/Lake Havasu"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Parker
- Hotels in Parker
- Nightlife in Parker
- Restaurants in Parker
- Warnings and Dangers in Parker
- See All...
Explore the World
- Jessie M Honeyman Memorial State Park Hotels
- The Gambia Hotels
- Cornwall Island Hotels
- Seal Beach
- Porto Recanati
- Kandy Lake Hotels
- Pulau Sibu Kukus Hotels
- San Felíu de Guixols
- Ironshore Hotels
- Sungai Lembing
Badges & Stats in Parker
- 2 Reviews
- 13 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Parker?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Parker
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Long Beach Intro, 30 reviews, 50 photos, 3 travelogues
- Athens Intro, 20 reviews, 58 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Seal Beach Intro, 19 reviews, 32 photos, 1 travelogue
- Sint Maarten Intro, 19 reviews, 27 photos
- Mexico City Intro, 17 reviews, 28 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tamarindo Intro, 16 reviews, 17 photos
- Brugge Intro, 16 reviews, 14 photos
- Manarola Intro, 12 reviews, 18 photos, 1 travelogue
- Rome Intro, 13 reviews, 16 photos
- Amsterdam Intro, 10 reviews, 17 photos, 1 travelogue