Tamarindo Restaurant Tips by jenn_d Top 5 Page for this destination
Tamarindo Restaurants: 34 reviews and 23 photos
Dinner is served
Tia Maria's is a home who's downstairs has been converted into a quiet and intimate restaurant with a mere 7 tables on the patio and inside. The service and the experience are extremely personal. Our house manager called Maria after Luis proposed to me and arranged for a bottle of champagne to be waiting for us. This was the only place in Tamarindo besides the two major hotels that served champagne!
We would not have found this place if our house manager did not suggest it.
Favorite Dish: Costa Rica is well known for having excellent beef. With this in mind, I chose the beef tenderloins.
We enjoyed an incredible chorizo dip with toasted bread squares for an appetizer.
Price Comparison: more expensive than average
Directions: Tia Maria's is located in Playa Langosta just a few yards uphill from the supermercado.
I admit we we lured here by the sign as well as the promise of ice cold beer..but the nachos were not as promised (enlarge the photo to see what I mean).
Upstairs are very sparse accomodations for weeklong surf camp participants
Favorite Dish: Yummy fish tacos...
Price Comparison: about average
Directions: across form the Best Western
Price: less than US$10
More Reviews (14)
- See All Otherwise, Skip the Souveneirs
- See All All who wander are not lost
- Coach Costa Rica
- See All Ready to ride into the sunset
jenn_d's Related Pages
Tamarindo Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Life Changing"
- "playa Tamarindo y playa Grande"
- "Pura Vida en Costa Rica"
- "Surf & Sun in Tamarindo"
- "Tamarindo is BABYLON"
- "Playa Tamarindo"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Tamarindo
- Hotels in Tamarindo
- Transportation in Tamarindo
- Nightlife in Tamarindo
- Restaurants in Tamarindo
- Shopping in Tamarindo
- Warnings and Dangers in Tamarindo
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Tamarindo
- 16 Reviews
- 17 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 8 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (10)
Have you been to Tamarindo?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Tamarindo
Photos in TamarindoSee All Photos (17)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Long Beach Intro, 30 reviews, 50 photos, 3 travelogues
- Athens Intro, 20 reviews, 58 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Seal Beach Intro, 19 reviews, 32 photos, 1 travelogue
- Sint Maarten Intro, 19 reviews, 27 photos
- Mexico City Intro, 17 reviews, 28 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tamarindo Intro, 16 reviews, 17 photos
- Brugge Intro, 16 reviews, 14 photos
- Manarola Intro, 12 reviews, 18 photos, 1 travelogue
- Rome Intro, 13 reviews, 16 photos
- Amsterdam Intro, 10 reviews, 17 photos, 1 travelogue