"Life Changing" Top 5 Page for this destination Tamarindo by jenn_d

Tamarindo Travel Guide: 147 reviews and 226 photos

Wide Open Spaces

I think I was most struck with how rural this country was. Most of my travels have been to urban places and as we drove the 4 hours between Tamarindo from San Jose I kept wondering when I would see something that resembled a town. Admittedly, there were a few moments during that winding drive along dirt and potholed roads when I questioned my choice...but as the van logged mile after mile, field after field, cloud after cloud..all those thoughts were soon very far from my mind.

Just Before Sunset

On a quiet stretch of beach , it was here that the love of my life asked me to marry him. How he got the ring through the metal detectors at LAX is still a mystery to me! That sunset in Tamarindo will never be far from my mind, and to think I almost missed it because I wanted to brew a pot of coffee instead!

Abundant Wildlife

True, Costa Rica is known for the diversity of its wildlife. But anyone who knows me will remember my love/interest in the stray dogs of the world. Their plight often sobers me up when I'm on vacation.

• Pros:TICO TICO! Packed with sun, surf, wildlife!
  • Cons:Not the "inexpensive "destination that it once was
  • Last visit to Tamarindo: Mar 2005
  • Intro Updated Mar 30, 2005

• Nov 28, 2009 at 12:48 AM

We just returned from costa rica and spent some time in tamarindo. The bank in town accepted our debit cards at the ATM with no problem. They obviously have updated their machines.

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Aug 5, 2009 at 12:07 PM

Costa Rica sounds like a very attractive destination... A piece of the Earth paradise...Thanks for your good page here...

• Dec 27, 2006 at 4:48 AM

hi - great tip, thanks. How long was the ride? we're considering this for a wedding destination but i'm worried about keeping people in the car too long as our friends/family are coming far as it is. thanks!

• Sininen's Profile Photo
    Nov 24, 2006 at 9:15 PM

Hello Jenn! Thank you for taking me to an amazing virtual tour to Tamarindo. I truly enjoyed it. Happy birthday from Finland!

• SURFIN7TH's Profile Photo
    Apr 11, 2006 at 8:39 AM

I really enjoyed reading your page. It brings back so many great memories. I can't wait to go back !

• modsquads's Profile Photo
    Jan 5, 2006 at 5:52 AM

THANK YOU for the exit fee tip, its probably the best advice i've seen!

• Gwynneth's Profile Photo
    Jun 5, 2005 at 8:31 AM

Would love to ride in the the sunset of Tamarindo. Greetings from Australia and me!

• pollon's Profile Photo
    Apr 26, 2005 at 9:39 AM

did you succeed in seeing any vulcano not surrounded by fog in CR???? ;-) and congratulationssssssssss with hugs of course!! Did you go to Playa Grande: not far from Tamarindo and not so touristic.. :-)

jenn_d

“Live with Intention”

Badges & Stats in Tamarindo

Have you been to Tamarindo?

Latest Activity in Tamarindo