"Baja Road Trip" Top 5 Page for this destination Guerrero Negro by Agraichen
Guerrero Negro Travel Guide: 22 reviews and 73 photos
The road trip from San Francisco, CA to Loreto, BCS is long and tedius. The narrow Baja Highway 1 can be nerve racking so it's important not to be tired while driving it. As cattle, goats, donkeys and horses tend to graze free and either stand in the middle or cross the highway at night, driving at night is not recommended.
Guerrero Negro is a little more than half way to Loreto from the border and is a good place to stop for the night to avoid night time driving. Night driving in the Baja can be very dangerous as cattle, goats, horses and mules tend to graze by the roadside and wander onto the road at the most inopportune time. You don't want to see a car after it has collided with a full grown cow.
There are a number of hotels in Guerrero Negro that transients like me use and I've stayed in a few but for the last few years I've always stayed at the "Halfway Inn" (former Desert Inn). The inn is located just off the highway as you pass the miltary base at the entrance to Guerrero Negro.
Rooms are much like those of the hotels in town. Small, spartan, and clean. And most important for me, they are animal friendly sort of. In the past they were very animal friendly but the "new management" is only tolerant for a fee.
When you only stay at a hotel 3-4 times a year, it's telling that they remember your name and greet you like friends. Unfortunately the "manager" has moved on and the new management is not quite as friendly.
The newest hotel/motel venue in Guerrero Negro is the Terra Sal. Located at the entrance to Guerrero Negro just after... more travel advice
Guerrero Negro is surprisingly the largest salt producing area in the world. The salt flats go on for miles. The area is... more travel advice
Agraichen's Related Pages
Guerrero Negro Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "GUERRERO NEGRO"
- "Guerrero Negro, Baja Sur, Mexico"
- "Driving from San Diego to Guerrero Negro"
- "Guerrero Negro - Black Warrior"
- "Baja Road Trip"
- "Guerrero Negro"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Guerrero Negro
- Hotels in Guerrero Negro
- Transportation in Guerrero Negro
- Restaurants in Guerrero Negro
- Shopping in Guerrero Negro
- Warnings and Dangers in Guerrero Negro
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Guerrero Negro
- 8 Reviews
- 28 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (95)
Have you been to Guerrero Negro?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Guerrero Negro
Photos in Guerrero NegroSee All Photos (28)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Loreto Intro, 116 reviews, 308 photos, 4 travelogues
- Danville Intro, 48 reviews, 76 photos, 3 travelogues
- Las Vegas Intro, 27 reviews, 86 photos, 1 travelogue
- Los Angeles Intro, 36 reviews, 52 photos
- San Diego Intro, 29 reviews, 58 photos
- New York City Intro, 27 reviews, 47 photos, 2 travelogues
- San Francisco Intro, 26 reviews, 37 photos
- Lexington Intro, 14 reviews, 44 photos
- Portland Intro, 17 reviews, 40 photos
- Key West Intro, 13 reviews, 43 photos, 1 travelogue