"Baja Road Trip" Guerrero Negro by Agraichen
Guerrero Negro Travel Guide: 19 reviews and 54 photos
The road trip from San Francisco, CA to Loreto, BCS is long and tedius. The narrow Baja Highway 1 can be nerve racking so it's important not to be tired while driving it. As cattle, goats, donkeys and horses tend to graze free and either stand in the middle or cross the highway at night, driving at night is not recommended.
Guerrero Negro is a little more than half way to Loreto from the border, it is a good place to stop for the night to avoid night time driving.
There are a number of hotels in Guerrero Negro that transients like me use and I've stayed in a few but for the last few years I've always stayed at the "Halfway Inn" (former Desert Inn). The inn is located just off the highway as you pass the miltary base at the entrance to Guerrero Negro.
Rooms are much like those of the hotels in town. Small, spartan, but clean. And most important for me, they are animal friendly. In fact my dog gets greeted just a fraction of a second before I do.
When you only stay at a hotel 3-4 times a year, it's telling that they remember your name and greet you like friends. So they continue to get my business.
Don't let looks deceive you. In Mexico on the road, many road side establishments may look a bit "weathered" but you... more travel advice
We didn't stay since they would not budge on the No Dogs rule at the time, but others in our caravan south did stay.... more travel advice
Agraichen's Related Pages
Guerrero Negro Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "GUERRERO NEGRO"
- "Guerrero Negro, Baja Sur, Mexico"
- "Guerrero Negro - Black Warrior"
- "Baja Road Trip"
- "Guerrero Negro"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Guerrero Negro
- Hotels in Guerrero Negro
- Restaurants in Guerrero Negro
- Shopping in Guerrero Negro
- Warnings and Dangers in Guerrero Negro
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Guerrero Negro
- 5 Reviews
- 12 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (42)
Have you been to Guerrero Negro?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Guerrero Negro
Photos in Guerrero NegroSee All Photos (12)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Loreto Intro, 92 reviews, 219 photos, 4 travelogues
- Danville Intro, 48 reviews, 76 photos, 3 travelogues
- Las Vegas Intro, 26 reviews, 86 photos, 1 travelogue
- Los Angeles Intro, 36 reviews, 52 photos
- New York City Intro, 27 reviews, 47 photos, 2 travelogues
- San Francisco Intro, 26 reviews, 37 photos
- Lexington Intro, 14 reviews, 44 photos
- Monaco Intro, 10 reviews, 28 photos, 2 travelogues
- Seattle Intro, 14 reviews, 23 photos
- Toronto Intro, 14 reviews, 14 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (48)
Latest Guerrero Negro hotel reviews
- Malarrimo Motel
- 32 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 15, 2013