"Hidden paradise" Top 5 Page for this destination Loreto by Agraichen
Loreto Travel Guide: 137 reviews and 288 photos
Welcome to Loreto Bay, located on the Sea of Cortez about 7 KM south of the historic town of Loreto, Mexico. I came to review vacation property and left a land "owner" and a gringo "sold" on the area.
This area is probably a bit similar to Cabo 30+ years ago with ONE major change. Although tourists are desired, the high-rise-mentality is not part of the developement; rather "low rise" walkable neighborhoods are being created. The theme is "sustainability" with regeneration ecosystems being created.
Just think, only 100-200 meters from the Sea of Cortez and you too can experience this paradise.
Once you arrive at the Inn at Loreto Bay you are captivated by the scenery, the air quality (I slept better than ever) and you are additionally captivated by the potential for the area; this is the early stages of a tourist destination but it will not have the high-rise hype nor hopefully the traffic. Just a great beach and freindly people to relax with.
Yes there is real estate potential and there will be sales pitches but nothing is "high pressure." You look at the offerings and buy or you just kick back and enjoy the warmth, most of the year and some of the most diverse marine life on the planet.
Travel...well, it's not as adventurisome as the picture denotes but be prepared to stand in line multiple times before boarding and expect another hand check even after the X-Ray check 30 feet prior.
You enter the flight check area after the call for boarding and before walking the tarmac to the plane. The process is very efficient however but there are not many customs people to process the passengers for the Alaska/Horizon turbo-props so be prepared to wait for entrance to the gate.
The NEW terminal appears to have 3 terminals but only 1 is in use by Alaska and a second by a local carrier. The "economy" has cut the number of international flights making connections a bit challenging, but the flights are close to full in December-February.
- Pros:Weather, People
- Cons:Hmmm...gotta think about this one for a while...Ah, mosquitos 7 days after a hurricane.
- In a nutshell:I'm back every few months...
The Loreto Food and Wine (fund raising) Festival grew from an idea one of our residents had after attending a similar... more travel advice
Loreto Bay in Nopolo has the perfect place to relax and have an afternoon/evening cocktail. The Wine Bar @ Nopolo... more travel advice
- See All Sea & Land Eco Tours
- See All Weekly/Monthly by the Harbor
- See All 2 Mundos Dive & Tours
- See All Paying taxes
- Federal Check Point
Agraichen's Related Pages
Loreto Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Hidden paradise"
- "California's historycal capital"
- "Loreto, Baja California Sur"
- "We're here....now what?"
- "The emergence of Loreto, Baja Mexico"
- "Possibly the most beautiful town in Baja Sur"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Loreto
- Hotels in Loreto
- Transportation in Loreto
- Nightlife in Loreto
- Restaurants in Loreto
- Shopping in Loreto
- Warnings and Dangers in Loreto
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Loreto
- 94 Reviews
- 218 Photos
- 9 Forum posts
- 16 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (55)
Have you been to Loreto?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Loreto
- Posted in Technical Help Forum "Re: Login problems with facebook"
- Wrote a Review Incredible Pies and Cakes in Loreto Restaurants
- Commented on one of Agraichen's Loreto travel pages
- Uploaded a Video to Loreto
- Uploaded a Photo to "Loreto Food and Wine Festival"
- updated a Loreto Travelogue "Baja Road Trip"
Photos in LoretoSee All Photos (218)
Videos in LoretoSee All Videos (4)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Loreto Intro, 94 reviews, 219 photos, 4 travelogues
- Danville Intro, 48 reviews, 76 photos, 3 travelogues
- Las Vegas Intro, 26 reviews, 86 photos, 1 travelogue
- Los Angeles Intro, 36 reviews, 52 photos
- New York City Intro, 27 reviews, 47 photos, 2 travelogues
- San Francisco Intro, 26 reviews, 37 photos
- Lexington Intro, 14 reviews, 44 photos
- Key West Intro, 12 reviews, 38 photos, 1 travelogue
- San Diego Intro, 14 reviews, 32 photos
- Monaco Intro, 10 reviews, 28 photos, 2 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (49)
Latest Loreto hotel reviews
- Inn at Loreto Bay
- 120 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 21, 2013
- Coco Cabanas Loreto
- 209 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 6, 2013
- Posada de las Flores Loreto
- 2 Reviews & Opinions
- The Whales Inn Beach Resort
- 1 Review & Opinion
- Danzante Destination Resort
- 1 Review & Opinion
- La Damiana Inn
- 72 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 27, 2013
- Hacienda Suites
- 23 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 23, 2013