"San Quintin, BCN" San Quintín by Agraichen
San Quintín Travel Guide: 3 reviews and 16 photos
When you travel Mexico Highway 1 the entire lenth of the Baja penninsula, you tend to not be a tourist as you should, but rather you measure the trip by the stops you must make.
There are northbound stops and southbound stops. Sometimes the two are not the same depending on the milage you wish to make in either direction.
Northbound from Loreto, BCS there are 3 potential stops with San Quintin being about the northern most unless you wish to drive a Mexican Highway at night. The driving is not that difficult, but hitting a wandering goat, sheep or cow can put a damper on the trip, so I tend to not chance the encounter.
I've not explored San Quintin much other than to get gas at the Pemex on most trips. This time, we opted to stay at a recommended hotel; The Mision Santa Maria. It's located about 3.5 miles off the main highway, right on the shores of the Pacific.
There's a lot of renovation going on in what looks like an attempt to make this a tourist destination. The waves were certainly enough to encourage surfers to give it a try.
Also, the lower floor of the hotel is a banquet facility that can hold several hundred.
- Pros:Convenient stop; friendly people
- Cons:Highway 1...
Agraichen's Related Pages
San Quintín Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in San Quintín
- 1 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (68)
Have you been to San Quintín?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in San Quintín
Photos in San QuintínSee All Photos (8)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Loreto Intro, 105 reviews, 277 photos, 4 travelogues
- Danville Intro, 48 reviews, 76 photos, 3 travelogues
- Las Vegas Intro, 26 reviews, 86 photos, 1 travelogue
- Los Angeles Intro, 36 reviews, 52 photos
- New York City Intro, 27 reviews, 47 photos, 2 travelogues
- San Francisco Intro, 26 reviews, 37 photos
- Lexington Intro, 14 reviews, 44 photos
- Key West Intro, 12 reviews, 38 photos, 1 travelogue
- San Diego Intro, 14 reviews, 32 photos
- Monaco Intro, 10 reviews, 28 photos, 2 travelogues