"Key West" Key West by Agraichen
Key West Travel Guide: 2,070 reviews and 4,181 photos
Mile marker zero. The end or start of the journey. Key West is full of history from the "ship wreckers" of old to Hemingway's haunts to "Spring Break" destination.
This trip did include an evening in Mallory Square for the sunset "festivities" and we had a wonderful sunset (pics posted on another page).
Ok, so tourist trap it is but the Hogs Breath has some great music coming from it. Remember "Hog's breath is better than no breath at all."
May not be a must see for everybody, but it was fun just the same.
If you don't run into the Hemmingway cats, you are certain to meet the local rooster population. They may not run everything, but don't tell them that.. Where else does a flock of roosters and chickens stop traffic...primarily from the tourists laughing at their antics...
- Pros:Quaint; lots of history.
- Cons:Spring Break when you're over 50....;-)
- In a nutshell:Gets in your blood; you must return.
www.KeyWest123.com is the site to check out all the things to do and experience in Key West and also the other... more travel advice
There are many ways to move around Key West, but one of the best has to be seeing the island and surrounding area by sea... more travel advice
Agraichen's Related Pages
Key West Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Parents of a "Conch""
- "key west florida"
- "Where others have failed, Key West SECEDED"
- "Key West, Florida"
- "Key West Driving Trip May 3-12, 2003"
- "On the road to Key West & Fantasy Fest 2006"
- "The Key to my Heart; Key West, Florida"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Key West
- Hotels in Key West
- Transportation in Key West
- Nightlife in Key West
- Restaurants in Key West
- Shopping in Key West
- Warnings and Dangers in Key West
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Key West
- 13 Reviews
- 43 Photos
- 24 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (91)
Have you been to Key West?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Key West
Photos in Key WestSee All Photos (43)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Loreto Intro, 115 reviews, 307 photos, 4 travelogues
- Danville Intro, 48 reviews, 76 photos, 3 travelogues
- Las Vegas Intro, 27 reviews, 86 photos, 1 travelogue
- Los Angeles Intro, 36 reviews, 52 photos
- New York City Intro, 27 reviews, 47 photos, 2 travelogues
- San Diego Intro, 21 reviews, 47 photos
- San Francisco Intro, 26 reviews, 37 photos
- Lexington Intro, 14 reviews, 44 photos
- Portland Intro, 17 reviews, 40 photos
- Key West Intro, 13 reviews, 43 photos, 1 travelogue