"Walnut Creek" Top 5 Page for this destination Walnut Creek by Agraichen
Walnut Creek Travel Guide: 32 reviews and 87 photos
When I moved to CA, Walnut Creek actually had walnut groves, but I moved at the wrong time as the groves were being demolished quite rapidly and "growth" was the operative word.
The "down town" I knew in the 70's has been totally demolished and reconstructed into a "modern" mall like setting. It is actually quite pleasant and 'sanitary' but leaves the old memories drifting....
Today "down town" Walnut Creek is a high fashion, top end, destination with restaurants like Va de Vi, Ruth's Chris and shopping at Tiffany's.
Not to mention the "normal" automotive street candy (pictured).
Va de Vi is one of my favorite restaurants. While the price is high, you definitely get what you pay for. The Chef's creations are somewhat eclectic but the wine parings are incredible.
Va de Vi
Lark Creek is one of a number of higher end dining establishments owned by Bradley Ogden. Unlike our experience in Las... more travel advice
One of the East Bay's best finds. Yes the plates are small, and intended to be shared. similar to tapas, you select a... more travel advice
Agraichen's Related Pages
Walnut Creek Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Where Have the Walnuts Gone?"
- "When you JUST CAN'T make it to the city..."
- "Walnut Creek"
- "My "Chickie" lives here :)"
- "Beverly Hills North?"
- "Local_B's new Walnut Creek Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Walnut Creek
- Transportation in Walnut Creek
- Nightlife in Walnut Creek
- Restaurants in Walnut Creek
- Shopping in Walnut Creek
- Warnings and Dangers in Walnut Creek
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Walnut Creek
- 4 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (95)
Have you been to Walnut Creek?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Walnut Creek
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Loreto Intro, 116 reviews, 308 photos, 4 travelogues
- Danville Intro, 48 reviews, 76 photos, 3 travelogues
- Las Vegas Intro, 27 reviews, 86 photos, 1 travelogue
- Los Angeles Intro, 36 reviews, 52 photos
- San Diego Intro, 29 reviews, 58 photos
- New York City Intro, 27 reviews, 47 photos, 2 travelogues
- San Francisco Intro, 26 reviews, 37 photos
- Lexington Intro, 14 reviews, 44 photos
- Portland Intro, 17 reviews, 40 photos
- Key West Intro, 13 reviews, 43 photos, 1 travelogue