"Truckee" Top 5 Page for this destination Truckee by Agraichen
Truckee Travel Guide: 37 reviews and 67 photos
Dating back to the "dawn of the Old West" Truckee saw the railroads come west, logging, ice-harvesting in it's history, but today is a mecca for tourists traveling to/from Lake Tahoe or Reno.
Today, Truckee has reinvented itself with many unique gift shops, galleries and wonderful restaurants.
The road out of town on the rails is long but exciting; over the Donner Pass and on to San Francisco.
- Pros:Perfect place to stop and wander...
- Cons:Hmmm...maybe traffic in peak tourist season.
- In a nutshell:A must see stop.
Gift's galore. A bit crowded with lots of glass so if you travel with "little ones" be careful. Anything in stained... more travel advice
OB's has been an "institution in Truckee as long as I can recall coming to Tahoe. The exterior has undergone a bit of... more travel advice
Agraichen's Related Pages
Truckee Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Stopping point over the Sierras"
- "What a Rush"
- "Truckee: Gateway to the Sierra Nevadas"
- "A mountain paradise!"
- "SwedishChef's new Truckee page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Truckee
- Hotels in Truckee
- Transportation in Truckee
- Nightlife in Truckee
- Restaurants in Truckee
- Shopping in Truckee
- Warnings and Dangers in Truckee
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Truckee
- 6 Reviews
- 11 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (94)
Have you been to Truckee?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Truckee
Photos in TruckeeSee All Photos (11)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Loreto Intro, 116 reviews, 308 photos, 4 travelogues
- Danville Intro, 48 reviews, 76 photos, 3 travelogues
- Las Vegas Intro, 27 reviews, 86 photos, 1 travelogue
- Los Angeles Intro, 36 reviews, 52 photos
- San Diego Intro, 29 reviews, 58 photos
- New York City Intro, 27 reviews, 47 photos, 2 travelogues
- San Francisco Intro, 26 reviews, 37 photos
- Lexington Intro, 14 reviews, 44 photos
- Portland Intro, 17 reviews, 40 photos
- Key West Intro, 13 reviews, 43 photos, 1 travelogue