"Whine, Wine , Wine....Ah...got it right" Oakville by Agraichen

Oakville Travel Guide: 6 reviews and 15 photos

Diamond Oaks

My short vist to Oakville was only by accident even though it is passed every time a drive to "wine country" is accomplished. . As I drove down Hwy 29 looking for a on open winery at 4:35 PM in the afternoon, I saw the road that crosses from Napa to Sonoma the hard way and remembered there was a winery up there so, what the heck...

Diamond Oak was not what I remembered but they had a great location and more important they were open.

The first thing that struck me was the location. Very out of the way and lots of olive trees in the vinyards, just like in the south of France.

We'll be back again to get more information. I'll list them in my Napa palaces to visit.

The reds were very good table wine; while not as heavy as we prefer they will be good for many that like lighter red wine. The whites were good as well and we brought a couple back to try after cellaring for a while. I liked the oak that came out easily.

The winery is located on the Oakvile Grade at the most inconveinent place but not for them. Heading up the grade on a winding S-turn as you turn right, the entry to the winery is on the left, so you need to watch out. I passed by turned around and entered a bit easier.

Actual address: 1595 Oakville Grade, Oakville, CA 94562
web site: www.diamond-oaks.com
tel: 800-659-4278

• Last visit to Oakville: Jul 2008
  • Intro Updated Mar 7, 2014

Agraichen Visits Here Frequently!

Agraichen

“"I'm just a natural born travelin' man, doin' what I think I should..."”

Badges & Stats in Oakville

Have you been to Oakville?

Photos in Oakville