"Monaco" Monaco by Agraichen
Monaco Travel Guide: 1,063 reviews and 3,076 photos
Mention Monaco and most people think of the Casino in Monte Carlo, but "car nuts", if you arrive the week of the F-1 race you find quite a different city.
The race course through the streets transforms this Principality into a full scale race track with many streets closed to traffic.
Yes the tickets on race day can be a bit pricey...420 Euros for a swimiming pool grandstand seat, but .....on the Friday before the race...it cost 000000....Yes, on the Friday before the race everyone was allowed in free of charge.
So, ok, no trip to Monaco is complete without the obigatory pilgrimage to the casino. Yes, it's opulant, but it's an institution.
Just think, without this facility where would Ian Fleming have placed James Bond?
But in reality, all cameras, all packs, all "anything" that can house devices that might be able to record anything must be checked at the door.
As for the tables...if you have to ask you can't afford to play.
A trip up "the rock" to the "seat" of the Principality is a must do. This is essentially a city unto itself kwown as "Monaco-ville."
Small streets and alleys are dotted with restaurants, and trinket shops, but the gems are the museums, and the world renowned aquarium.
- Pros:Beautiful scenery and history
- Cons:Race week is a bit congested, but worth it.
- In a nutshell:It will be fun to return after the races.
wonderful place. Truely European elegance at its best. What ever you wish is at your command more travel advice
Most countries and even major cities have an airport. How many can "boast" one heli-port, let alone two heli-airlines?... more travel advice
Written Jun 29, 2005
Monaco in 3 days - The Cars
Written Mar 2, 2007
Monaco - THE Gran Prix Week
Agraichen's Related Pages
Monaco Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Monte-Carlo, Monaco"
- "MONACO - The Land of the Rich and Famous"
- "Small Pricipality in the Cote d'Azure"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Monaco
- Hotels in Monaco
- Transportation in Monaco
- Nightlife in Monaco
- Restaurants in Monaco
- Shopping in Monaco
- Warnings and Dangers in Monaco
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Monaco
- 10 Reviews
- 28 Photos
- 9 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (42)
Have you been to Monaco?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Monaco
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Loreto Intro, 92 reviews, 219 photos, 4 travelogues
- Danville Intro, 48 reviews, 76 photos, 3 travelogues
- Las Vegas Intro, 26 reviews, 86 photos, 1 travelogue
- Los Angeles Intro, 36 reviews, 52 photos
- New York City Intro, 27 reviews, 47 photos, 2 travelogues
- San Francisco Intro, 26 reviews, 37 photos
- Lexington Intro, 14 reviews, 44 photos
- Monaco Intro, 10 reviews, 28 photos, 2 travelogues
- Seattle Intro, 14 reviews, 23 photos
- Toronto Intro, 14 reviews, 14 photos