"Portofino" Portofino by Agraichen
Portofino Travel Guide: 124 reviews and 450 photos
I'd been hearing about Portofino for years from the owner of a small pizza restaurant in my town. It had been his boyhood home and no matter how well he described the place, nothing could match actually being there.
The city climbs up from the water's edge into the hills. It can be a bit of a strenuous walk, but the restaurants and their proprietors are just great.
Every place we went we were greeted with smiles and hello's. I think had it not been for all the walking, I would have gained 20 pounds from all the eating.
Returning to the dock I ran into a photo shoot for one of the fashon stores that dot the port. So I took the opportunity to sit in a cafe, have some more great wine and photograph the "shoot."
- Pros:Great people
- Cons:ah...takes to long to get there?
Agraichen's Related Pages
Portofino Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Portofino - a scenic place in Liguria !!"
- "Portofino - Jewel of the Italian Riviera"
- "A gem tucks in Ligurian coast"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Portofino
- Hotels in Portofino
- Transportation in Portofino
- Restaurants in Portofino
- Shopping in Portofino
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Portofino
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (41)
Have you been to Portofino?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Portofino
Photos in PortofinoSee All Photos (3)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Loreto Intro, 92 reviews, 219 photos, 4 travelogues
- Danville Intro, 48 reviews, 76 photos, 3 travelogues
- Las Vegas Intro, 26 reviews, 86 photos, 1 travelogue
- Los Angeles Intro, 36 reviews, 52 photos
- New York City Intro, 27 reviews, 47 photos, 2 travelogues
- San Francisco Intro, 26 reviews, 37 photos
- Lexington Intro, 14 reviews, 44 photos
- Monaco Intro, 10 reviews, 28 photos, 2 travelogues
- Seattle Intro, 14 reviews, 23 photos
- Toronto Intro, 14 reviews, 14 photos