"Huahine" Huahine by Agraichen
Huahine Travel Guide: 16 reviews and 41 photos
Huahine is 108 miles northwest of Tahiti and is part of what is known as the "Leeward Islands."
There are actually two volcanic ridges connected by a narrow "land bridge" giving the image of two islands.
Most of the roughly 4000 inhabitants make their living growing fruit for "export" and sale in Papeete (at the open market place - Marche).
Maroe Bay is where most of the cruise ships anchor. The town of Fare is just a short distance from the port.
The island is quite small and can be navigated quite easily by bicycle.
Sailing the crystal clear blue-green water is an incredible experience. There is always plenty of sea life in the shallow water of of the Motus (or small islands off the coast. Just watch where you are walking as stepping on a Ray or getting nibbled by a passing turtle is not advised.
- Pros:Fantastic water, small great people
- Cons:Too much of a good thing for a visitor.
Regardless of what the rental agent tells you, make certain you have insurance....The roads can tend to come to an... more travel advice
Agraichen's Related Pages
Huahine Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Jurassic Parc Island"
- "Archaeological wonderland in the Leeward Islands"
- "Happy People with Warm Hearts"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Huahine
- Hotels in Huahine
- Transportation in Huahine
- Warnings and Dangers in Huahine
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Huahine
- 2 Reviews
- 11 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (78)
Have you been to Huahine?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Huahine
Photos in HuahineSee All Photos (11)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Loreto Intro, 106 reviews, 282 photos, 4 travelogues
- Danville Intro, 48 reviews, 76 photos, 3 travelogues
- Las Vegas Intro, 27 reviews, 86 photos, 1 travelogue
- Los Angeles Intro, 36 reviews, 52 photos
- New York City Intro, 27 reviews, 47 photos, 2 travelogues
- San Francisco Intro, 26 reviews, 37 photos
- Lexington Intro, 14 reviews, 44 photos
- Key West Intro, 12 reviews, 38 photos, 1 travelogue
- San Diego Intro, 14 reviews, 32 photos
- Monaco Intro, 10 reviews, 28 photos, 2 travelogues