"Jasper the friendly park" Jasper National Park by dinhyen

Jasper National Park Travel Guide: 437 reviews and 1,104 photos

The Icefield Parkway from Banff NP to Jasper NP is probably the longest road I've ever taken. That's because I was tempted to pull off the road at every turn to immerse in the breathtaking vistas.

Jasper NP is the largest of Canada's Rocky Mountain parks. The "typical" scenery here are soaring mountains, broad valleys, and mirror-like lakes. The massive glaciers of the Columbia Icefield offers a glimpse at what it must have been like in the Ice Age. And of course animals inhabitants here probably outnumber humans. There are much to be explored and discovered here. I only wish I had a few years' time and 36-hour days to do them :)

The precipitous gorges of Maligne Canyon induces awe, not to mention vertigo.

Athabasca falls' thunderous roar leaves little doubt that water is nature's most effective carving tool.

• Pros:Some of the grandest vistas on the planet
  • Cons:No matter how much time you've spent, you probably haven't spent enough.
  • Last visit to Jasper National Park: Jul 2002
  • Intro Written Sep 6, 2002

• Simonneeddy's Profile Photo
    May 28, 2004 at 9:08 AM

I guess we went to a lot of the same places and took pictures of them. I also posted many on VT. Brings back memories. The greatest.

• nulain's Profile Photo
    Jun 2, 2003 at 4:16 PM

Guao!! Landscapes in my dreams are not so great like this!

• mrclay2000's Profile Photo
    May 26, 2003 at 7:06 PM

The more I see of these Canadian national parks the more I understand that Glacier NP in Montana has some impressive rivals. Great page.

• ABL1958's Profile Photo
    May 17, 2003 at 5:38 PM

Beautiful page! So that's what Athabasca Falls looks like when it's going strong---I saw it as a trickle. Maligne Canyon is gorgeous...and your pictures do it justice!

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
    May 6, 2003 at 4:04 AM

Stunning photography! What an amazingly good page - it makes me want to go back and do Jasper properly!

• TOOCOOL's Profile Photo
    May 6, 2003 at 3:27 AM

Another absolute beauty! Keep up the good work.

• truus_s's Profile Photo
    Apr 18, 2003 at 2:20 PM

Brings me memories !!Great photos!!Thanks

• Mar 1, 2003 at 11:14 AM

Amazing pictures! brings me memories from Jasper!

• zrim's Profile Photo
    Jan 22, 2003 at 2:18 PM

I may have to change my summer travel plans to see Jasper and Athabasca Falls. Nice.

• worldtrekker's Profile Photo
    Sep 13, 2002 at 7:01 PM

Wow, how'd I miss the dry water channel at the falls?! Great photography. :-)

dinhyen

“Say cheese!”

Badges & Stats in Jasper National Park

Have you been to Jasper National Park?

Latest Activity in Jasper National Park