"Franconia (or fun at slow shutter speeds)" Franconia by dinhyen
Franconia Travel Guide: 17 reviews and 109 photos
Franconia Notch State Park in the White Mountains is one of New Hampshire's most popular attractions. Every year, especially in autumn, tourists from all corners of the Northeast flock here to gawk at the rushing waters amid a backdrop of yellowing leaves.
Entrance is $8 for Flume Gorge as I recall. Other locations are gratuitous.
This little cascades sneaked under a small bridge on the trail. Mount your camera on a tripod and have fun!
Sentinel Pine Bridge, built in 1939, still sturdy as ever.
- Pros:Lots of waterfalls; covered bridges; autumn leaves
- In a nutshell:New Hampshire at its finest
Winter wonderland? Yes, if we weren't half frozen to death. more travel advice
dinhyen's Related Pages
Franconia Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Franconia Loses an Old Friend"
- "Life in the White Mountains"
- "The Flume Gorge"
- "The "Alps of America""
- "Franconia (or fun at slow shutter speeds)"
- "The White Mountains of New Hampshire"
- "rwaksberg's new Franconia Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Franconia
- Hotels in Franconia
- Transportation in Franconia
- Restaurants in Franconia
- Warnings and Dangers in Franconia
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Franconia
- 6 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 8 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Franconia?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Franconia
Photos in FranconiaSee All Photos (9)
Top 10 Pages
- Boston Intro, 57 reviews, 101 photos, 5 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 41 reviews, 69 photos, 4 travelogues
- Hue Intro, 19 reviews, 45 photos, 3 travelogues
- Ho Chi Minh City Intro, 18 reviews, 37 photos, 2 travelogues
- Vienna Intro, 25 reviews, 26 photos
- London Intro, 10 reviews, 32 photos, 1 travelogue
- Yellowstone National Park Intro, 11 reviews, 30 photos, 2 travelogues
- Cambridge Intro, 7 reviews, 34 photos, 3 travelogues
- Vancouver Intro, 5 reviews, 31 photos, 3 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 12 reviews, 23 photos, 3 travelogues