"Rockport" Top 5 Page for this destination Rockport by dinhyen

Rockport Travel Guide: 119 reviews and 304 photos

Rockport is a picturesque New England seaside town. You know, white clapboard houses, winding tree-lined streets, rocky harbor, colorful small boats, etc. It used to be a quaint fishing village. Now I guess tourism has taken over. The place is packed on summer weekends and it would be impossible to find a parking spot. Nevertheless, it's still a nice little town, and the drive to and from Rockport is one of the most scenic along the coast.

Halibut Point quarry wall at sunset.

Boulder-strewn coastline is typical here.

• Last visit to Rockport: Jun 2002
  • Intro Written Sep 12, 2002

• Pawtuxet's Profile Photo
    Aug 18, 2005 at 4:16 AM

Just stopping in to have another look at your wonderful photos. We were in Rockport and Gloucester about a week ago. Glad you saw the Quarry. Not many people are aware of it.

• BuickMackane's Profile Photo
    May 10, 2004 at 3:07 PM

I used to live in Rockport. Your well-chosen photos definitely captured the mood of the place!

• ExGuyParis's Profile Photo
    Sep 23, 2003 at 10:27 AM

I am very impressed with your photography-- you have a superb eye for composition.

• herzog63's Profile Photo
    Jun 30, 2003 at 10:39 AM

Fantastic colors!!!!! You're opening shot is so beautiful like all of your photos!!! It would only take a rumor to keep me away from that house!!!

• TempNomad's Profile Photo
    Jun 26, 2003 at 1:52 PM

Wow. Fabulous opening shot! Thanks for the images. I'll be there over the holiday, if all goes well. Now I remember much more from my childhood!

• dracko's Profile Photo
    Apr 29, 2003 at 8:17 AM

Halibut Point is one of my favorite places on Cape Ann. Those slippery round boulders around there (and at Foley Cove in particular) are unfortunately responsible for many a twisted ankle among us divers. But it's worth it. :-)

• syllybabe's Profile Photo
    Apr 22, 2003 at 4:24 PM

I give up! You take these perfect pictures like you had been waiting there all day to time the boat just right. Bah! Teach me, guru! ;-)

• JudyinPA's Profile Photo
    Nov 10, 2002 at 12:53 PM

Looks like a quiet seaport town. Very relaxing

dinhyen

“Say cheese!”

Badges & Stats in Rockport

Have you been to Rockport?

Latest Activity in Rockport