"Lisieux" Lisieux by dinhyen
Lisieux Travel Guide: 18 reviews and 55 photos
This tranquil little town is the capital of le Pays d'Auge. It's surrounded by gentle rolling hills and neat, picturesque farmlands typical of the Calvados countryside. Because of time constraints, we didn't get to sample the cheese and liquor for which the region is famous. We did see the imposing Basilique Ste-Therese, completed in the first half of the 20th century. Its grand architecture is intended to impress, though unlike another famous Basilique in Montmartre, its style comes across as a little artificial and inharmonic. Nevertheless it's quite a wonder to find this striking edifice in a relatively small town. The Normandy countryside is full of pleasant surprises.
Lisieux is a must-stop if you're doing the "cheese tour", but it's still a worthwhile detour even if you're not.
dinhyen's Related Pages
Lisieux Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Lisiuex - The town of Ste Therese"
- "A solemn place with beautiful history"
- "A Pilgrimage to the city of St. Therese"
- "Home to St. Therese of the Child Jesus"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Lisieux
- 0 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (13)
Have you been to Lisieux?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Lisieux
Photos in LisieuxSee All Photos (2)
Top 10 Pages
- Boston Intro, 57 reviews, 101 photos, 5 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 41 reviews, 69 photos, 4 travelogues
- Hue Intro, 19 reviews, 45 photos, 3 travelogues
- Ho Chi Minh City Intro, 18 reviews, 37 photos, 2 travelogues
- Vienna Intro, 25 reviews, 26 photos
- London Intro, 10 reviews, 32 photos, 1 travelogue
- Yellowstone National Park Intro, 11 reviews, 30 photos, 2 travelogues
- Cambridge Intro, 7 reviews, 34 photos, 3 travelogues
- Vancouver Intro, 5 reviews, 31 photos, 3 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 12 reviews, 23 photos, 3 travelogues