"Twin cities" Trouville-sur-Mer by dinhyen
Trouville-sur-Mer Travel Guide: 3 reviews and 19 photos
We traversed the Normandy coast from Dieppe to Le Havre while keeping an eye out for a suitable establishment in which to sample the famous fruits-de-mer, but weren't successful. It took another trip before we found something to our liking in Honfleur, but before that we had a nice detour to Trouville and Deauville, its twin sister just across the Touques river.
A coastal fishing and resort town, Deauville has a small harbor, an unspectacular casino, and a nice, empty stretch of sandy beach fronted by mansion-like hotels (so far as I can tell). Having just arrived from la Cote d'Azure (after a very long drive :), the difference is quite striking. In all fairness, I imagine that the towns would be more lively in better weather (it was stormy when we visited, and our impression of the weather of la Manche wasn't too positive).
I had fun taking pictures of these colorful boats. And the weather after the downpour is preternaturally clear.
dinhyen's Related Pages
Trouville-sur-Mer Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Past Glory Revival"
- "Where Churchill May Have Bought His Fish"
- "Twin cities"
- "A seaside treasure in Normandy"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Trouville-sur-Mer
- 0 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Trouville-sur-Mer?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Trouville-sur-Mer
Photos in Trouville-sur-MerSee All Photos (5)
Top 10 Pages
- Boston Intro, 57 reviews, 101 photos, 5 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 41 reviews, 69 photos, 4 travelogues
- Hue Intro, 19 reviews, 45 photos, 3 travelogues
- Ho Chi Minh City Intro, 18 reviews, 37 photos, 2 travelogues
- Vienna Intro, 25 reviews, 26 photos
- London Intro, 10 reviews, 32 photos, 1 travelogue
- Yellowstone National Park Intro, 11 reviews, 30 photos, 2 travelogues
- Cambridge Intro, 7 reviews, 34 photos, 3 travelogues
- Vancouver Intro, 5 reviews, 31 photos, 3 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 12 reviews, 23 photos, 3 travelogues