"It's a Small World, DinhYenLand" dinhyen's Profile
It's happened so quickly. The leaves outside my windows turned yellow almost overnight, the air suddenly has a sharp bite to it, the Red Sox is heading to the playoffs. All in all, unmistakable heralds of the most photogenic season in New England. If you don't take advantage quickly, it could be all over before you know it.
Boston skyline on a particularly stormy afternoon. Whenever the sky looks promisingly cloudy, I stake out this spot :) Say hi if you see someone lurking on BU Bridge with a camera ;)
My favorite season is Autumn (only applicable when I live in New England and not, say, Las Vegas :) A friend and I usually just get in the car and drive without a destination in mind. On one of these trips we found ourselves in Giles State Forest in NH near the Vermont border. It's useful to know someone who's even a worse photo-nut than you are!
My New Hampshire page has a few more autumn photos.
Another good spot for leaf-peeping is right in Boston, or rather Cambridge. Mt. Auburn Cemetery is the first Garden Cemetery in America. It's only 15 minutes by bus from Harvard Sq yet wonderfully secluded. The monuments and sculptures here are beautiful, especially with yellowing leaves as backdrop.
I had only a week in London when I would've liked to spend a year. When I was there in June, it was notoriously cloudy and it was hard to get consistent lighting. Well, I guess for London, this was better than no lighting. This shot of Westminster Abbey was hastily composed as I was trying to snap before clouds obscured the sun.
My London page has more photos of my favorite city.
The Arnold Arboretum in Spring time. Thanks to soccergrrl, I now know they're called forsythia. They're ubiquitous, and very striking.
Bryce is so amazing that you could shoot dozens of rolls there and still not be satisfied that you've adequately captured its beauty. The same isn't true for people portraits (that's why I like shooting landscapes :)
Take a peek at my Bryce page for more.
Top Travel Pages
Explore the World
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 424 Reviews
- 1,364 Photos
- 9 Countries
- 61 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
- dinhyen and Krystynn are now friends.
- Commented on syllybabe's profile page
- Uploaded a Photo to "Doodlings"
updated their Personal Page "Doodlings"
- updated a Mondsee Travel Page "Mondsee"
- Wrote a Review Le Village des Bories in Gordes Things to Do
- Posted in Travel Vietnam Forum "Re: Re: Vietnamese menu"
Top 10 Pages
- Boston Intro, 57 reviews, 101 photos, 5 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 41 reviews, 69 photos, 4 travelogues
- Hue Intro, 19 reviews, 45 photos, 3 travelogues
- Ho Chi Minh City Intro, 18 reviews, 37 photos, 2 travelogues
- Vienna Intro, 25 reviews, 26 photos
- London Intro, 10 reviews, 32 photos, 1 travelogue
- Yellowstone National Park Intro, 11 reviews, 30 photos, 2 travelogues
- Cambridge Intro, 7 reviews, 34 photos, 3 travelogues
- Vancouver Intro, 5 reviews, 31 photos, 3 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 12 reviews, 23 photos, 3 travelogues
- Paris Hotels
- 22459 Reviews - 54964 Photos
- Dubai Hotels
- 2699 Reviews - 7919 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23314 Reviews - 48908 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15642 Reviews - 31276 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 2025 Reviews - 4971 Photos
- Playa del Carmen Hotels
- 780 Reviews - 1749 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3092 Reviews - 5855 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1933 Reviews - 3724 Photos
- Punta Cana Hotels
- 422 Reviews - 1020 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 328 Reviews - 894 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 12023 Reviews - 26760 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2058 Reviews - 3874 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7828 Reviews - 20233 Photos
- Bangkok Hotels
- 10315 Reviews - 22905 Photos
- Las Vegas Hotels
- 8419 Reviews - 17290 Photos