"It's a Small World, DinhYenLand" dinhyen's Profile

It's happened so quickly. The leaves outside my windows turned yellow almost overnight, the air suddenly has a sharp bite to it, the Red Sox is heading to the playoffs. All in all, unmistakable heralds of the most photogenic season in New England. If you don't take advantage quickly, it could be all over before you know it.

Boston skyline on a particularly stormy afternoon. Whenever the sky looks promisingly cloudy, I stake out this spot :) Say hi if you see someone lurking on BU Bridge with a camera ;)

My favorite season is Autumn (only applicable when I live in New England and not, say, Las Vegas :) A friend and I usually just get in the car and drive without a destination in mind. On one of these trips we found ourselves in Giles State Forest in NH near the Vermont border. It's useful to know someone who's even a worse photo-nut than you are!

My New Hampshire page has a few more autumn photos.

Another good spot for leaf-peeping is right in Boston, or rather Cambridge. Mt. Auburn Cemetery is the first Garden Cemetery in America. It's only 15 minutes by bus from Harvard Sq yet wonderfully secluded. The monuments and sculptures here are beautiful, especially with yellowing leaves as backdrop.

I had only a week in London when I would've liked to spend a year. When I was there in June, it was notoriously cloudy and it was hard to get consistent lighting. Well, I guess for London, this was better than no lighting. This shot of Westminster Abbey was hastily composed as I was trying to snap before clouds obscured the sun.

My London page has more photos of my favorite city.

The Arnold Arboretum in Spring time. Thanks to soccergrrl, I now know they're called forsythia. They're ubiquitous, and very striking.

Bryce is so amazing that you could shoot dozens of rolls there and still not be satisfied that you've adequately captured its beauty. The same isn't true for people portraits (that's why I like shooting landscapes :)

Take a peek at my Bryce page for more.

This flower in Butchart Garden was taken with my digital camera. Butchart Garden is in Victoria.

• Intro Updated Oct 25, 2004

• hasanhanks's Profile Photo
    Aug 28, 2009 at 7:47 PM

Yen,....It is with hope that all is well with you and your loved ones....

• hvan2203's Profile Photo
    Dec 24, 2008 at 6:25 PM

You have a lot of wonderful pictures... :)

• myspices's Profile Photo
    Nov 15, 2007 at 7:55 PM

Gosh! i need to be there! Such lovely hues & captivating creations :)

• angiebabe's Profile Photo
    Feb 27, 2007 at 3:33 AM

Well wow lovely photos,&wow another kindred photo nut! i love landscapes, i think every step is a photo opportunity!my life is filling up with them& dont have time to get them onto my VT site!but eventually...your site is inspirational.. all the best

• nixca316's Profile Photo
    Jan 18, 2007 at 7:24 PM

Wow! You're featured even if you haven't been back here for the longest time. Hope you return to VT to tell us more. Like what they said, the pictures and the stories are great!

• leigh767's Profile Photo
    Jan 7, 2007 at 10:03 AM

Fantastic page!! On the road in morocco at the moment but thought i should drop a note anyway. keep up the good work!

• Dec 5, 2006 at 2:03 AM

Wherever you are and whatever you're doing, know that your presence on VT has been missed. Hope life is treating you kind. Happy Holidays guy and hope to see you back here some day. Just being sentimental these days. =)

• kenHuocj's Profile Photo
    Nov 14, 2006 at 5:55 AM

amazing Fall colours photo - best time of year ;-)))

• Sep 12, 2006 at 5:49 PM

Yen man, your writing is so clear and excellent, your observations keen, and your take on different places always insightful and useful. Kepp traveling so I can read about these places through your lens before I see them myself.

• uglyscot's Profile Photo
    Jul 11, 2006 at 12:06 AM

Your main picture is an absolute masterpiece.

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!