"It's a Small World, DinhYenLand" dinhyen's Profile
It's happened so quickly. The leaves outside my windows turned yellow almost overnight, the air suddenly has a sharp bite to it, the Red Sox is heading to the playoffs. All in all, unmistakable heralds of the most photogenic season in New England. If you don't take advantage quickly, it could be all over before you know it.
Boston skyline on a particularly stormy afternoon. Whenever the sky looks promisingly cloudy, I stake out this spot :) Say hi if you see someone lurking on BU Bridge with a camera ;)
My favorite season is Autumn (only applicable when I live in New England and not, say, Las Vegas :) A friend and I usually just get in the car and drive without a destination in mind. On one of these trips we found ourselves in Giles State Forest in NH near the Vermont border. It's useful to know someone who's even a worse photo-nut than you are!
My New Hampshire page has a few more autumn photos.
Another good spot for leaf-peeping is right in Boston, or rather Cambridge. Mt. Auburn Cemetery is the first Garden Cemetery in America. It's only 15 minutes by bus from Harvard Sq yet wonderfully secluded. The monuments and sculptures here are beautiful, especially with yellowing leaves as backdrop.
I had only a week in London when I would've liked to spend a year. When I was there in June, it was notoriously cloudy and it was hard to get consistent lighting. Well, I guess for London, this was better than no lighting. This shot of Westminster Abbey was hastily composed as I was trying to snap before clouds obscured the sun.
My London page has more photos of my favorite city.
The Arnold Arboretum in Spring time. Thanks to soccergrrl, I now know they're called forsythia. They're ubiquitous, and very striking.
Bryce is so amazing that you could shoot dozens of rolls there and still not be satisfied that you've adequately captured its beauty. The same isn't true for people portraits (that's why I like shooting landscapes :)
Take a peek at my Bryce page for more.
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 424 Reviews
- 1,364 Photos
- 9 Countries
- 61 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
- dinhyen and Krystynn are now friends.
- Commented on syllybabe's profile page
- Uploaded a Photo to "Doodlings"
updated their Personal Page "Doodlings"
- updated a Mondsee Travel Page "Mondsee"
- Wrote a Review Le Village des Bories in Gordes Things to Do
- Posted in Travel Vietnam Forum "Re: Re: Vietnamese menu"
Top 10 Pages
- Boston Intro, 57 reviews, 101 photos, 5 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 41 reviews, 69 photos, 4 travelogues
- Hue Intro, 19 reviews, 45 photos, 3 travelogues
- Ho Chi Minh City Intro, 18 reviews, 37 photos, 2 travelogues
- Vienna Intro, 25 reviews, 26 photos
- London Intro, 10 reviews, 32 photos, 1 travelogue
- Yellowstone National Park Intro, 11 reviews, 30 photos, 2 travelogues
- Cambridge Intro, 7 reviews, 34 photos, 3 travelogues
- Vancouver Intro, 5 reviews, 31 photos, 3 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 12 reviews, 23 photos, 3 travelogues