"Birstonas - lovely mineral water resort city" Birstonas by satara
Birstonas Travel Guide: 45 reviews and 100 photos
The official Birstonas town webpage (www.birstonas.lt) says:
"Nestled amid the grand forests, and tucked in an arm of one of the famous Nemunas River bends, a delightful surprise awaits the traveller to Lithuania's south-central countryside. Birstonas is simply the most beautiful little town in all Lithuania."
And I completely agree with these words as this place left a great impression of tranquility, cleanliness and perfect cohabitation of human-beings and nature.
In 1846 the abundant source of mineral water was found in the area and was begun to be used for curative purposes. Birstonas developed into a highly sought after and prized health resort town.
Birstonas has developed its beautiful surroundings, clean air, and abundant sources of water into one of Lithuania's most charming destinations.
The natural mineral water, provided by several deep springs, is bottled locally under the names of Vytautas, Birute, and BMV.
The two sanitoriums/spas in Birstonas, among the finest in Lithuania, offer an indoor swimming pool, underwater massage, as well as mineral water and mud baths, among their many other services.
Birstonas is situated in the center of The Nemunas Loops Regional Park which is a marvelous place to visit. The largest Lithuanian river Nemunas is making some giant loops on its way to the Baltic Sea and that caused a special nature around Birstonas place.
I visited Birstonas on Friday evening after the work day, it takes only 35 minutes by car from Kaunas. And I hadn't much time to visit all nice places there, so in this page you will see only the main attractions around the city center and near the Nemunas river. Some photos used in this page are taken from official sources (I add the link to the source), some are made by me. I would love to come there again and to experience all the beauty and tranquility of that place..
So why don't we plan another trip to Birstonas together?:)
- Pros:Tranquility, cleanness, green scenery, natural mineral water resort, well-known spas and sanatoriums
Climbing up the Birstonas mound was fun. Aha... But how to get down of it? We didn't use the same staircase because it... more travel advice
Once decided to climb up the Birstonas piliakalnis and see what's on the top of it, we started our journey.. oh yeah..... more travel advice
- Look after your kids
- See All Water scenery
- Lazy to tidy up? Don't move to live in...
- Druskupis hotel in Birstonas
satara's Related Pages
Birstonas Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Birstonas - a spa on the Neman River"
- "Birstonas – small town on Nemunas bend"
- "Birstonas - lovely mineral water resort city"
- "Another tiny jewel"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Birstonas
- Hotels in Birstonas
- Transportation in Birstonas
- Restaurants in Birstonas
- Warnings and Dangers in Birstonas
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Birstonas
- 15 Reviews
- 18 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Birstonas?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Birstonas
Photos in BirstonasSee All Photos (18)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kaunas Intro, 58 reviews, 83 photos, 4 travelogues
- Termoli Intro, 20 reviews, 55 photos, 4 travelogues
- Pavia Intro, 24 reviews, 43 photos, 2 travelogues
- Corsica Intro, 25 reviews, 37 photos, 1 travelogue
- Rietavas Intro, 23 reviews, 31 photos, 1 travelogue
- Copenhagen Intro, 19 reviews, 17 photos
- Birstonas Intro, 15 reviews, 18 photos
- Milan Intro, 9 reviews, 21 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Klaipeda Intro, 13 reviews, 16 photos
- Palena Intro, 12 reviews, 15 photos