"Kaunas - the second largest city in Lithuania" Top 5 Page for this destination Kaunas by satara
Kaunas Travel Guide: 957 reviews and 1,665 photos
I lived in Kaunas for 6 years as I studied here in Kaunas university of Technology. During these 6 years I liked and loved Kaunas and even I know I will live in another place for the rest of my life, I would like to come back here again and again.
Maybe this little page will be useful for you while planning your trip here.
I added some tips but will be adding more when only I get time and some information.
And if you are around and need a local to tell you some things about Kaunas, contact me at my VT email.
It's impossible to tell all about Kaunas and I won't be putting any traditional and official information about the population, government etc. You can find that in official sites or in other Kaunas pages of VT members.
All the photos I use here are made by me. I'd like to share with you Kaunas as I see it with my eyes..
Who was in England once will agree with me that some of Kaunas phone booths (especially in the old town) look similar to English ones. But nowadays more and more people use cellular phones so these booths are just some nice monuments and the thing which can be crashed when Lithuanian basketball teams win some European championship (like it happened with Lithuanians winning the Euroleague championship:)
It's an international annual jazz music festival which takes place in April in Kaunas and gathers together lots of musicians from all over the world and even more people come to listen to them. You definitely must visit this festival if you happen to be in Kaunas in April.
- Pros:Green and nice city
- Cons:Different from other Lithuania parts by its people
- In a nutshell:The city which has it's special charm..
Kaunas center is situated in the place surrounded by hills, so to climb them usually is necessary some machine help.... more travel advice
Warmth and peacefulness of candle light.. It welcomes you when you visit candle shrine in the basement of Gertruda... more travel advice
- See All Here Mr.Rudzinskas graphics can be...
- See All Sometimes we want the time to stop
- See All Driving car of ice!
- See All The Ultimate Service!
- See All How to get and give flowers
satara's Related Pages
Kaunas Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Charming, peaceful, quiet and old"
- "Kaunas - the second largest city in Lithuania"
- "Kaunas - Lithuania's most Lithuanian city"
- "Really liked this place........"
- "Kaunas - Lithuanian capital in interwar period"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kaunas
- Hotels in Kaunas
- Transportation in Kaunas
- Nightlife in Kaunas
- Restaurants in Kaunas
- Shopping in Kaunas
- Warnings and Dangers in Kaunas
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kaunas
- 58 Reviews
- 83 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 39 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (14)
Have you been to Kaunas?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kaunas
- updated a Kaunas Travel Page "Kaunas - the second largest city in Lithuania"
- Posted in Travel Vilnius Forum "Re: Re: Riga, Tallinn or Vilnius?"
- Wrote a Review The only two funiculars in the Baltics! in Kaunas Off The Beaten Path
- Uploaded a Photo to "Candle shrine"
- Commented on one of kuere's Kaunas travel pages
Photos in KaunasSee All Photos (83)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kaunas Intro, 58 reviews, 83 photos, 4 travelogues
- Termoli Intro, 20 reviews, 55 photos, 4 travelogues
- Pavia Intro, 24 reviews, 43 photos, 2 travelogues
- Corsica Intro, 25 reviews, 37 photos, 1 travelogue
- Rietavas Intro, 23 reviews, 31 photos, 1 travelogue
- Copenhagen Intro, 19 reviews, 17 photos
- Birstonas Intro, 15 reviews, 18 photos
- Milan Intro, 9 reviews, 21 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Klaipeda Intro, 13 reviews, 16 photos
- Palena Intro, 12 reviews, 15 photos