"Kaunas - the second largest city in Lithuania" Top 5 Page for this destination Kaunas by satara

Kaunas Travel Guide: 952 reviews and 1,649 photos

Kaunas from Aleksoto hill

I lived in Kaunas for 6 years as I studied here in Kaunas university of Technology. During these 6 years I liked and loved Kaunas and even I know I will live in another place for the rest of my life, I would like to come back here again and again.

Maybe this little page will be useful for you while planning your trip here.

I added some tips but will be adding more when only I get time and some information.

And if you are around and need a local to tell you some things about Kaunas, contact me at my VT email.

It's impossible to tell all about Kaunas and I won't be putting any traditional and official information about the population, government etc. You can find that in official sites or in other Kaunas pages of VT members.

All the photos I use here are made by me. I'd like to share with you Kaunas as I see it with my eyes..

Been to London?

Who was in England once will agree with me that some of Kaunas phone booths (especially in the old town) look similar to English ones. But nowadays more and more people use cellular phones so these booths are just some nice monuments and the thing which can be crashed when Lithuanian basketball teams win some European championship (like it happened with Lithuanians winning the Euroleague championship:)

Kaunas Jazz festival

It's an international annual jazz music festival which takes place in April in Kaunas and gathers together lots of musicians from all over the world and even more people come to listen to them. You definitely must visit this festival if you happen to be in Kaunas in April.

• Pros:Green and nice city
  • Cons:Different from other Lithuania parts by its people
  • In a nutshell:The city which has it's special charm..
  • Intro Updated Mar 1, 2005

• Martin_S.'s Profile Photo
    Nov 8, 2010 at 11:40 PM

Considering a trip to Lithuania, Latvia and Estonia this coming spring, will be back to see more of your pages, thanks for sharing. Martin

• evaanna's Profile Photo
    Jul 24, 2009 at 10:53 AM

I may go for a daytrip to Kaunas sometime soon so I've found your tips most helpful. Thanks for the warning against showing you love Vilnius.:) How do you find the funicular there and are there any good places to park your car for free?

• pure1942's Profile Photo
    Sep 16, 2008 at 2:11 PM

Hey Renata..Great Kaunas page. Looking forward to seeing this lovely looking city myself in October. Thanks for the tips...Brian

• fabrice's Profile Photo
    Aug 26, 2007 at 11:35 PM

beautiful place, you really seem to love it

• Apr 13, 2007 at 12:20 PM

r and d 13 april 2007 england this restaurant is one of the best we have eaten in lithuania staff are also very nice and helpfull

• zanas's Profile Photo
    Mar 22, 2007 at 7:34 AM

***

• ettenaj's Profile Photo
    Oct 16, 2006 at 7:51 AM

We rode the funiculars too!!

• budapest8's Profile Photo
    Dec 3, 2005 at 6:43 AM

·:*¨`*:·~My§ticÄl~·:*."Place.....heard a lot about the place. Would love to visit 1 Summer. Greetings from Budapest.Tim

• RickinDutch's Profile Photo
    Sep 21, 2005 at 12:57 PM

Nice job! So that's what a top 5 looks like!

• groovemc's Profile Photo
    Mar 1, 2005 at 9:56 AM

Renata - I've been trying to decide if we should visit both Kaunas & Klaipeda this year after falling in love with Vilnius last summer. Now that I've gone through all your info and pictures, it's a definite. Thank you.

satara

“Experience, experience and once more experience”

Badges & Stats in Kaunas