"Palena" Palena by satara

Palena Travel Guide: 12 reviews and 15 photos

Typical mountain town

When you think about Italy as about tourism destination, only some names of places come into the mind, no? Like Rome, Tuscany, Sicily etc. But there are so many specific details in Italian culture that you can find only in some not "discovered" (especially on Virtualtourist) places..

Palena is one of these "unknown" places. A little town in the region of Mountain Maiella (the administrative region of Abruzzo) with great mountain view, fresh air, narrow streets, houses made of stone, senior citizens that sit in the shadow on the street and talk about every stranger who passes by (which doesn't happen often)...

We had a very lovely walk there for about an hour on our way to Maiella.

Would recommend for you to do the same!:)

How to arrive?

We took the road from Termoli (where I lived at that moment) to North, after passing Vasto, after some kilometers we took the exit for Casoli and followed the indications on the road. Had also a detailed map of roads so it was not a problem to find the location..

English-Italian

I feel that my English after 3 months of speaking solo Italiano became a bit lousy... So please forgive me if you find some stupid language mistake in the tips I wrote.. And avvertitemi! I mean, tell me about them...:))

• Pros:Little mountain town with fresh air and great looks
  • Last visit to Palena: Jul 2004
  • Intro Updated Oct 18, 2004

• Loeffle's Profile Photo
    Oct 16, 2004 at 4:30 PM

lovely foto :) i have to admit my italian geography is lousy, and even the map didnt help me much ;( need to check in atlas ... enjoy your time in italy, amica!

satara

“Experience, experience and once more experience”

Badges & Stats in Palena