"North Sumatera" Top 5 Page for this destination North Sumatra Province by Mangunsong
North Sumatra Province Travel Guide: 603 reviews and 1,646 photos
The area of North Sumatera covers about 71,680 square kilometer or 3.7 % of total Indonesia's area. It consists of 162 islands, 156 islands on the west coast area and 6 islands on the east coast area. The capital of North Sumatera is Medan. North Sumatera with its colorful and ethnically mixed population is Indonesia's most populous province outside Java.
Now, there are over 11 millions inhabitants from 8 ethnics. Nias island, one of the districts in North Sumatera, is the largest island with an area of 5.318 Km2. The province of North Sumatera is rich with flora and fauna. It means that North Sumatera's geological characteristics are marked with mountainous regions such as lakes and waterfalls, and plantations like rubber, tobacco, palm, coffee, tea and cocoa.
The main exports are rubber, tea, palm oil, cocoa, coffee, and tobacco. Deli Tobacco has been available since the Dutch colonial area and is exported to Europe. North Sumatera is also famous for many different kinds of delicious tropical fruits: salak, rambutan, mangoes, mangosteens, langsat, durian, markisah, oranges, and watermelons.
Danau Toba is the largest lake in all of Southeast Asia. The giant lake sits at an altitude of 800 meters, and is 100... more travel advice
Air SMAC has flights from Medan to Binaka airport, 17km south of Gunung Sitoli, every Monday, Wednesday and Saturday for... more travel advice
Mangunsong's Related Pages
North Sumatra Province Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "HORAS....Welcome To North Sumatra"
- "North Sumatra - Lake Toba, Batak, Brastagi, Medan"
- "Gunung Leuser - Tangkahan"
- "North Sumatra"
- "North Sumatera"
- "Tour North Sumatera - from Medan to Danau Toba"
- "HORAS, HORAS, HORAS!!!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in North Sumatra Province
- Hotels in North Sumatra Province
- Transportation in North Sumatra Province
- Nightlife in North Sumatra Province
- Restaurants in North Sumatra Province
- Shopping in North Sumatra Province
- Warnings and Dangers in North Sumatra Province
- See All...
Badges & Stats in North Sumatra Province
- 5 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to North Sumatra Province?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in North Sumatra Province
Photos in North Sumatra ProvinceSee All Photos (6)
Top 10 Pages
- Jakarta Intro, 25 reviews, 26 photos, 1 travelogue
- Banten Province Intro, 12 reviews, 13 photos
- Riau Province Intro, 8 reviews, 10 photos
- Surabaya Intro, 9 reviews, 8 photos
- Jambi Province Intro, 7 reviews, 8 photos
- Bandung Intro, 8 reviews, 6 photos
- Malang Intro, 7 reviews, 7 photos
- Padang Intro, 5 reviews, 6 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination North Sumatra Province Intro, 4 reviews, 4 photos
- Yogyakarta Intro, 2 reviews, 3 photos